Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
bogeylondon

Krank Golf

6 posts in this topic

Just asking around whether anyone has tried Krank Golf, the name associated with Long Driver Champions as I may order 1 Krank Rage Black version 9 degree fitted with Adila Authority Light Tour shaft.

L2.jpg

L1.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

I had the original Krank Driver. It also had a grooveless face like the Rage. I t was low launching for a 10.5 head.  Rolled forever on Hard fairways. Feel was not great. Hollow and metallic. 

Here is a review on the RAGE.  rage driver review

Edited by driverhead

Still have my Formula 5  9* head.  If you're interested in Krank go for it.  Don't have any experience in the older Rage driver, but I would highly recommend just going for the newer Formula 5/6/6.5 series as they have had more success on the LDA circuit.  I would definitely not say Krank drivers are longer than anything, no way.  Why are Krank clubs thought to be long...because the company sponsors gorillas that swing 140+ mph to play their clubs.       

I've hit a few of their heads and there's nothing at all wrong with them. Early models had some paint/finish issues compared to major brands but performance is there for guys with higher swing speeds. Feel and sound are not to my liking but that's a personal thing. It's loud and metallic and feel is a bit harder. Once you hear the distinctive sound of a Krank driver you'll never forget it. It definitely stands out.

I personally think it feels like it's got a slightly thicker face to withstand the silly swing speeds of long drive guys and that's what gives it the unique sound and feel. Unless you've got a swing speed above 110mph I don't think you can utilize the full performance of this head. Whether or not any of this is the case, I have no idea, just my opinion. 

I got the same driver and hybrids, do not recommend you purchase, online fitting is horrible and no after market service, emailed them for  3 months with no satisfaction.

I bought a 3 wood at Golf Fest last year and I can bomb this from the fairway or off the tee. It's the real deal, took my 913 3 wood out of the bag.