Sign in to follow this  
bogeylondon

Krank Golf

Just asking around whether anyone has tried Krank Golf, the name associated with Long Driver Champions as I may order 1 Krank Rage Black version 9 degree fitted with Adila Authority Light Tour shaft.

L2.jpg

L1.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

I had the original Krank Driver. It also had a grooveless face like the Rage. I t was low launching for a 10.5 head.  Rolled forever on Hard fairways. Feel was not great. Hollow and metallic. 

Here is a review on the RAGE.  rage driver review

Edited by driverhead

Still have my Formula 5  9* head.  If you're interested in Krank go for it.  Don't have any experience in the older Rage driver, but I would highly recommend just going for the newer Formula 5/6/6.5 series as they have had more success on the LDA circuit.  I would definitely not say Krank drivers are longer than anything, no way.  Why are Krank clubs thought to be long...because the company sponsors gorillas that swing 140+ mph to play their clubs.       

I've hit a few of their heads and there's nothing at all wrong with them. Early models had some paint/finish issues compared to major brands but performance is there for guys with higher swing speeds. Feel and sound are not to my liking but that's a personal thing. It's loud and metallic and feel is a bit harder. Once you hear the distinctive sound of a Krank driver you'll never forget it. It definitely stands out.

I personally think it feels like it's got a slightly thicker face to withstand the silly swing speeds of long drive guys and that's what gives it the unique sound and feel. Unless you've got a swing speed above 110mph I don't think you can utilize the full performance of this head. Whether or not any of this is the case, I have no idea, just my opinion. 

I got the same driver and hybrids, do not recommend you purchase, online fitting is horrible and no after market service, emailed them for  3 months with no satisfaction.

I bought a 3 wood at Golf Fest last year and I can bomb this from the fairway or off the tee. It's the real deal, took my 913 3 wood out of the bag.