IRON SHAFTS SUITED FOR EPON 302

jonbev78

Alrighty lads, soon to build a set of 302's , looking for recommendations on a shaft suited for this head. 

I have a new set of NS PROTO 2s14 s flex which was going to be for another setup but have been thinking about 

putting them in the 302's.  

Any suggestions, also thought about the following -

RECOIL PROTOTYPES

SHIMADA TOUR S FLEX (GREEN LABEL)

C-TAPER S+

I played epon 501 with steelfiber and shimada tour lites - shimadas feel so muuuuuch smoother but the dispersion of the steelfiber are also very nice and cannot go wrong with either depends on if you want soft or stout..

Currently gaming the EPon 503 with recoils and they are amazing shafts! Still i'd say shimada tour lites are the softest feeling and very smooth.. but the recoils I do hit very well too.. 

Do you like stout or alive and soft? I think the C-tapers are very stout.. steelfiber too.. not to my liking =)

As far as steel is concerned, I've had Ctaper S 120 in Epon AF tours, and Modus3 X 120 in Srixon Pro100's and I preferred the feel and flight of the Ctaper's. 

Unfortunately I can't recommend any steel shafts now because I've played graphite for a few years and love 'em. Won't be going back to steel. Go graphite baby.....

9 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

As far as steel is concerned, I've had Ctaper S 120 in Epon AF tours, and Modus3 X 120 in Srixon Pro100's and I preferred the feel and flight of the Ctaper's. 

Unfortunately I can't recommend any steel shafts now because I've played graphite for a few years and love 'em. Won't be going back to steel. Go graphite baby.....

What graphite do you play Ian?

Just got some Srixon z925 with Matrix Program 130 (6.0) and they play heavy but have nice impact and flight......still getting used to them and it is an experiment!

(Gamers still PRGR TR500/M43)

Still game these.  I did a test with a 6 iron. I shafted up a Modus 120 TX, a Modus 125 X, a Recoil Proto TX and an MCI.  In my opinion, you lose feel with graphite. It's soft but blah. For me the Modus 120 and 125 were the winner. 

I had C-tapers in a set of Personals I think it was and they felt horrendous to me. Crowbar hitting bricks. 

epon heads ( and prob mizunos, and onoff)  are   the best for absorbing the  extra taughtness of NS super peening blues.  (NS SPB)

other NS shfats in epon heads seem to loose a lot of distance, ive tried everything............ in ns in my epons over the years and  the SP blues are simply the best. plus they lower the flight a bit  which helps.

other options   id go  for are the c-tapers    ,  u mentioned the  shiamdas, yes they wud work well for u  for sure. again epon heads can make these shafts playable without pain. SYB protos are another set that wud make these  heads come alive as well

wudnt really look out side that lot .hmmmmmmmmmm  maybe  cept  or DGs200  tour issue design tuning that wud be a head turner wit hthose heads I think u just got..!

3 hours ago, supo said:

epon heads ( and prob mizunos, and onoff)  are   the best for absorbing the  extra taughtness of NS super peening blues.  (NS SPB)

other NS shfats in epon heads seem to loose a lot of distance, ive tried everything............ in ns in my epons over the years and  the SP blues are simply the best. plus they lower the flight a bit  which helps.

other options   id go  for are the c-tapers    ,  u mentioned the  shiamdas, yes they wud work well for u  for sure. again epon heads can make these shafts playable without pain. SYB protos are another set that wud make these  heads come alive as well

wudnt really look out side that lot .hmmmmmmmmmm  maybe  cept  or DGs200  tour issue design tuning that wud be a head turner wit hthose heads I think u just got..!

Stew, shhhhhhssssss lol

i may try some Ctaper in those heads.. 

7 hours ago, daamartin said:

What graphite do you play Ian?

Just got some Srixon z925 with Matrix Program 130 (6.0) and they play heavy but have nice impact and flight......still getting used to them and it is an experiment!

(Gamers still PRGR TR500/M43)

I play the Fubuki ax i425 now. Only 85g but very stable for me, and I swing at 107mph. I've played Quadra 100i, Roddio i-10, Steelfiber i95/i110, Bassara 74g, Recoil 110 F4 and these Fubuki's are every bit as good as my fav Quadra, if not better :)

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

I play the Fubuki ax i425 now. Only 85g but very stable for me, and I swing at 107mph. I've played Quadra 100i, Roddio i-10, Steelfiber i95/i110, Bassara 74g, Recoil 110 F4 and these Fubuki's are every bit as good as my fav Quadra, if not better :)

Easy on the body I am sure Ian. What weight shaft do you play in your driver to match?

Sorry to thread jack. Agree with Stu SP Blues were great in the Epon heads (when I had the strength)!

All  details are in my signature mate.

I had the Epon 501 with steelfiber i95 and they worked very well however not lively and felt not good at all... 

EPON 503 with recoil 680 lightweight and amazing shafts highly recommend these over steelfibers..

The shimada tour lites are also to me amazing shafts - very lively and smooth.. (not to your liking tho probably)

I hate stout and love lively things so I think we might be very different