swing weight

A1976

Difficult to say if that weight is good for your swing speed.

For me it's how a club feels when I swing it rather than the swing weight number. After a few swings if I can't feel the head then some weight might be needed there, or it it feels too head heavy then a change of grip, or more or less grip tape or maybe shortening or lengthening the shaft maybe the answer. So many variables.

I think overall weight and swing weight (which also implies length) is maybe the most important of all the variables in a club, but discovering what's optimal for a person is pretty much a crap shoot. Maybe a great fitter can help, but it seems to me to be a lot of trial and error.  This is where intangibles are most powerful. 

I just got a set of Seven MB irons and put some aerotech players spec shafts (weight range from 93-108 gr) with golf pride mcc plus 4 - and I am striking the ball the most crisply of my life. I have no idea with the swing weight is, but I know whatever it is, it really works for me (at least right now).  

I know it's this rig because I have 2 other sets and I am striking the ball with the other two with typical results.  It's not just the heads. It's the magic of the whole system working for me.  

On 20/10/2016 at 0:08 AM, chuck4golf said:

I think overall weight and swing weight (which also implies length) is maybe the most important of all the variables in a club, but discovering what's optimal for a person is pretty much a crap shoot. Maybe a great fitter can help, but it seems to me to be a lot of trial and error.  This is where intangibles are most powerful. 

I just got a set of Seven MB irons and put some aerotech players spec shafts (weight range from 93-108 gr) with golf pride mcc plus 4 - and I am striking the ball the most crisply of my life. I have no idea with the swing weight is, but I know whatever it is, it really works for me (at least right now).  

I know it's this rig because I have 2 other sets and I am striking the ball with the other two with typical results.  It's not just the heads. It's the magic of the whole system working for me.  

thank you