F**k Cancer - an update on TourSpecGolfer

TourSpecGolfer

God bless to you and your family Chris.

TK

C. stay strong Man. Immunotherapy has gone a long way; and have been one more tool to fight the disease. Prayers go to your Father; your Family; the Baby on the way and above all that the treatment can be efficient!

My thoughts and prayers to your father and your family. 

My wife went thru treatment 2 yrs ago ...  Though she is clear now,  the 3 Month checkups are still horrifying to say the least. 

As some mentioned here, there are people out there making strides in new ways to help.   Stay strong and positive!! 

So sorry to hear. Best wishes and stay strong

On 11/11/2016 at 5:06 AM, nobmontana said:

My thoughts and prayers to your father and your family. 

My wife went thru treatment 2 yrs ago ...  Though she is clear now,  the 3 Month checkups are still horrifying to say the least. 

As some mentioned here, there are people out there making strides in new ways to help.   Stay strong and positive!! 

Thanks Nobs,  What is interesting is that the 3 month checkups showed all clear via CT scan.  It's only when a breathing issue had them do an MRI which found many small growths that the CT could not pick up.   I was told even if it does not show in MRI it can still be microscopic and spread.

I'm glad to hear about your wife and hope she continues to do well.  

I haven't visited forum for a while and see this... I'm sorry to hear it and hope you stay strong for your father. I lost my dad 4 years ago and still to this date, it hurts. Try to spend as much time as you can with your father. Thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.

I can only imagine what you're going thru..  all the best Chris.

Hope the treatment could help your father fully recovered ... sorry to hear that.. 

Cherise what time you have left. Prayers goes out to you and your family.

• 4 weeks later...

Been awhile since I looked through the forums and saw this.  My mother is about to celebrate two years beating breast cancer and I am a cancer survivor myself. Battle on!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.

My Folks made the move to the Pacific North West fine.  While the first drug nearly killed him (Votrient) The immunotherapy drug Opdivo in just a few weeks made all his cancer nodules disappear.  There are some pretty harsh side effects even 4 weeks after he got off the Opdivo.  It takes steroids to manage them but you can't take those forever unfortunately.   Now the hard part is teaching the parents to eat healthy and get more physical activity.   So he went from having many nodules and a short time to live to not having any nodules...  The testing continues.  His first battle with cancer was 4 years in between with no signs.  

Also had my baby boy just before xmas :)  Now it's almost time to return to Japan again...

I appreciate everyone's support.  I appreciate everyone sharing and showing that I'm not alone in this.  It's time for pops to reture his TourStage TS-202's with S300's for something like the PRGR Super Eggs or Yammy UD+2's with carbon.

As long as you're hoping to teach healthy eating/exercise, the practice of pranayam (breathing to increase energy) is also great for impeding cancer.... 

• 3 weeks later...

....reading only now...........what to say......

I lost both my parents long ago, and the fact is that we are never really ready for that..............

Be strong...