Mizuno MP-66 Irons! (pics inside!)

TourSpecGolfer

Mizuno Japan MP-66 Yoro Craft Irons - Sorry for the delay on these guys I know many of you have been waiting patiently.  This is the first of 2 sets I will post of MP-66 irons modified by Mizunos very own Yoro dept.

I had the team at Yoro reduce the offset, thin the topline,  straighten the top line,  adjust the face shape,  change the stamping config and add a custom finish and MCI Black shafts.  

In hand they are stunning.  I'd love to hit these but with I plan to sell both sets.  

Full rundown is in the blog - http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/mizuno-mp-66-yoro-craft-irons/ 

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-8.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-2.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-3.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-7.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-10.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-12.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-6.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-5.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-9.jpg

Mizuno-MP66-Irons-Japan-11.jpg

• 2 months later...

Man are those something. They look beautiful and powerful. Almost a perfect shape in my opinion.  

35 minutes ago, jonbev78 said:

Bump

Im not sure,  every grinders eye and hands are different.  The original blanks used also have a different shape to start with.  We can request and they can try.  They do a really good job.

Love the look on these.  If I didn't have my A Grind R1 CBs now,  these would be the ones.   

The main differences I see at address are the shape of the neck transition and heel side face height. 

These MPs seem to have a larger pocket at the heel side which looks easier to catch the ball in the pocket for a draw whereas my A Grinds don't have as large a pocket.  

I do like the toe shape on these MP66 more than the R1CB's 

With so many blade like CB choices these days,   the mind just boggles. 

54 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Im not sure,  every grinders eye and hands are different.  The original blanks used also have a different shape to start with.  We can request and they can try.  They do a really good job.

Thanks for that Chris..

Yes when i'm ready. Deffinatly on my wish list.

MP5- Copper underlay / dbl satin nickel with that Grind work..