Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

neova

Video Blog - Shawneeki (Shot Tracer Edition)

8 posts in this topic

This was from last week on a rainy, wet Sunday afternoon. I did a bit better job  with the shot tracer processing this time, and the video is a bit longer than usual.

What are you using to show the shot tracer?

Thanks. I didn't know that was out there. Does it automatically trace the shots just while you film them?

Really nice work again by you and your wife.

Love this. Thanks for sharing.

12 hours ago, RLL33 said:

Thanks. I didn't know that was out there. Does it automatically trace the shots just while you film them?

Really nice work again by you and your wife.

my wife is a fairwether golfer so on cold days she won't golf but I've figured out a way to shoot the vids myself - put my phone on a monopod using a selfie stick attachment then secure it into my carry golf bag using a tube.

I just need to place my bag behind the ball, record, swing for all my shots on the course. around the greens I just place the bag near the pin off the green and let the video record while I chip and putt.

i shot the video first then run the shots thru the app. The app is poor at tracking the ball but does allow manual adjustment which means I have to adjust every shot which takes time. Since I have an android phone and the app only runs on iPad and iPhone I have to add conversion and file transfer time. 

My round took 3.5hours to walk and almost as much time to put together the video with the shot tracer! We'll see how long I can keep up =)

image.jpeg

Edited by neova

OK, thanks. I didn't think it could be as easy as point and shoot. I've been after the networks to put shot tracer on every shot when they broadcast tourneys, and if it was that iPhone simple, there would be no more excuses...  

Sounds like a lot of work, but I may have to pick up the app to actually see what's involved. 

On 11/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, RLL33 said:

OK, thanks. I didn't think it could be as easy as point and shoot. I've been after the networks to put shot tracer on every shot when they broadcast tourneys, and if it was that iPhone simple, there would be no more excuses...  

Sounds like a lot of work, but I may have to pick up the app to actually see what's involved. 

I think it would be easy to get every tee shot on Pro Tracer as everyone plays from the same tee box, but tracking the shots after the tee shot would be problematic.