titleist pt...graphite or steel???????????

plus1

Titleist PT's have a stock shaft of Dynamic Gold, so that means it has a normal tip size. I also have a friend who has one, he has a Royal Precision shaft in it so I'm pretty sure that you can put graphite in it.

Find the tip size of a Dynamic Gold (wood shaft) and compare it to otheres, their websites should have the info.

Nick

A tapered tip Dynamic gold had a .355 tip (according to true temper) but the 757 has a .335 tip, however, I have heard of a small device being implanted in the tip to make the shaft fit.

I did not think that the shaft in the pt was tapered, I was under the impression it was a standard Dynamic Gold, who said it was tapered?

Nick

my local pro did....he said he took the s300 out of his broethru and it was definately taperated therefore he couldnt get a graphite in.....anyone know about this for sure???

thanks nick, prob the only way to find out is to get one and experiment

my local pro did....he said he took the s300 out of his broethru and it was definitely tapered therefore he couldn't get a graphite in.....anyone know about this for sure???

thanks nick, prob the only way to find out is to get one and experiment

I have owned two...great clubs! My club maker told me the hosel has a .315 diameter and could not accommodate the .335 tip without boring out the hosel. Regardless, it is a smaller diameter and only a very skilled club maker can do the boring to accommodate the .335 tip. The factory would not do it, nor my skilled club maker. You will see a few on ebay with a .335 shaft, I would be very cautious since it is a very delicate process and easy to mess up. I sold mine as a result since I wanted graphite and have decided to purchase one of the original PT's (three line) designed for .335 graphite tips or find a 970 silver (shorter lower line) at a reasonable price...still looking!

thanks guys, when puttin a graphite in it does it have to be heavy ie similar to a stell weight

If you want to keep the original swingweight. The Dynamic Gold shaft is 124 grams +/-. Most heavy graphites come in @ 80 + grams, so it is difficult to exactly match the weight of the DG S300. You can try a 90+ gram graphite shaft and add 1/2 " to 3/4" to the standard 42.5" and come close to the original swingweight. You need to get with a trusted clubmaker to fiqure the specifics.