Driver...TourSpecGolfer

nickoconnell

Tourspecgolfer,

I am looking for a new driver, I am 15 years old, have a SS of about 105-110 with the driver, medium trajectory, a little erratic.

Can you recommend and tour or Japanese drivers that might go well for me?

I am going for a new bag this year that may look something like this...

Driver-?????

Fairway Wood-Cleveland Launcher (May get a new shaft)

Irons-Ping S59's, stiff steel.

Wedges-Either Nike Copper, Scratch or ???

Putter-Something big, can you help me on that aswell???

Thanks,

Nick

Tourspecgolfer,

I am looking for a new driver,  I am 15 years old, have a SS of about 105-110 with the driver, medium trajectory, a little erratic.

Can you recommend and tour or Japanese drivers that might go well for me?

I am going for a new bag this year that may look something like this...

Driver-?????

Fairway Wood-Cleveland Launcher (May get a new shaft)

Irons-Ping S59's, stiff steel.

Wedges-Either Nike Copper, Scratch or ???

Putter-Something big, can you help me on that aswell???

Thanks,

Nick

Hmmm, Its always rough getting the perf set for yourself especially at a young age. How about I trade you any driver for your swing speed :lol:

I suggest the X-Drive 390 & TM R7 Quad at the moment but I have been getting great results from my 7.5 titty 975D when my swing is money. Depends on what kind of shot you play or want to play as well as what you like and don't like about your current set up. Give us some details so we can help you better bro.

I don't really care for retail OEM wedges anymore, there are maybe a few like the new Callaway Forged+, New Cleveland wedges & Fourteen Low Bounce wedges but wedges like Zodia, Scratch & the Tour MT-28s are always easy winners. I have purchased 12 scratch wedges already between TS girl and myself, we are both super pleased with scratch in fact i don't even get fitted anymore I just tell Ari what I need and he has everything on recored from the first fitting. So Far I like certain aspects of different shapes like the face profile of the Square shaped heads and the Back and overall shape of the round heads. I am in love with the Nickel finish its durable like chrome and looks different when compared to chrome or satin.

Been doin a lot of shopping around at the moment, dont really know what irons at the moment.

Tourspecgolfer,

I would really like to hit a high fade, but when I do that with my TM piece od $h!t driver, it does not roll or go anywhere.

I normally hit a slight fade but the R360XD's weighting is weird so I hit it everywhere, its not a good driver at all.

I'm interested in the Tourstage 390, I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Have you got any at the moment, what shafts, lofts, prices, etc?

Nick

Been doin a lot of shopping around at the moment, dont really know what irons at the moment.

Tourspecgolfer,

I would really like to hit a high fade, but when I do that with my TM piece od $h!t driver, it does not roll or go anywhere.

I normally hit a slight fade but the R360XD's weighting is weird so I hit it everywhere, its not a good driver at all.

I'm interested in the Tourstage 390, I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Have you got any at the moment, what shafts, lofts, prices, etc?

Nick

Every X390 is made to order special order only. 9* is the only loft available the cool thing is ya got your choice of any Japan Fuji or GD Japan shaft on it factory installed at a great price. This driver is 1* open though so if your already hitting a left to ball flight you may have to tune your swing up a bit. I'm so in love with my X390 setup super long very forgiving i play a left to right ball flight and the first round with my X390 was hell after about 3 rounds I'm hitting this thing so well I think Ive found the driver for life :lol: . I cant wait to get my R7 and put it to the test. I honestly think these are the two Big Dogs of 2004 but I seriously doubt the TM will make it into the bag I have bought 2 TPs, 2 DFs and 1 580XD Tour driver they were all very forgiving & long but felt and sounded like crap. I don't know many who have gone Tourstage then back to TM in fact i don't know a single soul. BTW the new Cobra 440SZ Unlimited Carbon crown driver just came out in Japan Ill post more info after i hit it next week.