Shaft fitting for my zy-11

Ian-500

Had a shaft fitting this evening, indoors on Trackman 4 at Golf Principles in Basingstoke.
Tried lots of wonderful shafts including the new Oban Devotion HB, Fujikura Speeder Pro xlr8 and Tensei white. Heads used for testing were a mixture of TM M1, Cally sub zero, Titty 917 and King Ltd pro. The shafts that gave me the best numbers with were:

Oban Kyoshi HB 75 05 (King Ltd).
UST Launch Control LL 6F5 (M1).
Attas 4u 6x (M1).

So my zy-11 will be having a UST Launch Control LL 6F5 and a white  gp tour wrap, built at 44" and D2. WHITEOUT!
I was soooo impressed with this shaft, having never really known about it before. I tested it at 43 and 3/4" and it produced the best numbers of all, which were; 
Launch 12.5°.
Spin 2000.
Head speed 104mph.
Distance 275yds.
Great control with lovely feel. The other 2 felt ever so slightly better, particularly the Oban HB, but at 3 times the price of the UST without producing better numbers it was an easy desicion.

I love doing this ?

1 hour ago, daamartin said:

What's the loft of your ZY-11 Ian?

Sounds like fun indeed!

10°. My builder likes to see a launch of between 12° and 13°, so I'm hoping for similar launch but maybe a touch lower spin from the jbeam. Always need more distance!

Fingers crossed.

Awesome post Ian. Has the trackman numbers translate to outdoors?

Mine is with Fujikura evo2 66* as per recommendation from a great member here. I have no data but 1st time have a worthy rotation to my kamui.

Won't find out until sometime next week when its built. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

Really don't like the sound of this, but the performance is very good. Maybe the blackout or the 535 black would give the same performance but with better sound.....