About time

bngolfer

Since I've been a member for just about 10 years, I figured it is time to show off some of the goods. This is what my bag looked like for most of last season:

Grand Prix XP-3 Platinum 10° with Diamana X 70 in stiff

or

Baldo 911D 9.5° with Diamana Blue Japan Limited 73 in stiff

Agrind Kobe 15° with Fire Express 75 in sx

or

Proceed Ti-UT 15° with Basileus UT-8 in stiff

Royal Collection BBD 505V 21° utility with Tour AD-UT 95x

Honma TW-U #4 with KBC C-taper light in stiff

Yamaha Tour model 2009 with KBS Tour black nickel in stiff, hard stepped once

YuRuRu Raw Gekku 45° with KBS Tour black nickel in stiff

SDJ Limited 115 plated 50° and 56° with Modus 130 in stiff

YuRuRi Tataki 60.5° with KBS Tour black nickel

Gold's Factory Private Stock #2 with Nippon heavy shaft and Iomic grip. 35". This is not the one though, this I found on Yahoo Japan brand new the other week (thanks Dean!). The one I've played with is on its way back from TSG club works where it received a treatment of boron black finish with red and white paint-fill and a black Teramoto shaft, topped off with an Elite RS-100 in the same red as the paint-fill. Can't wait..

The bag is an Onoff in stealth black with red plush lining. Even better than my 1995 Belding Snake Eyes (when they were under Ernie Vadersen's management and made the best wedges in the game of golf) staff bag.

Besides what is in this bag, there are a few more with stuff like:

Yonex Ezone MB with Crazy Tour Targets in Smoke with red Masda slick fits

PRGR idbl with Steelfiber Player's Spec in stiff

Agrind Classic

Crazy CRZ-450 with Crazy Boron

Kamui TP-07

Epon ZR460

Buchi wedges

Royal Collection wedges

Loads of putters

and then some :-)

So, on to the pictures:

Attachment-10.jpeg

Attachment-19.jpeg

Attachment-21.jpeg

Attachment-17.jpeg

Attachment-15.jpeg

Attachment-16.jpeg

Attachment-15.jpeg

Attachment-11.jpeg

Attachment-13.jpeg

Attachment-22.jpeg

Attachment-20.jpeg

Edited by bngolfer

Great set mate. Love the look of the Baldo driver.

Great looking mix of clubs. (And I like the bag, too...) Enjoy!

19 minutes ago, wedda said:

Nice looking set of sticks mate! :) you should add some porcelain to the picture though!!

Thanks partner! I knew the figurine king would appear here - I don't have your touch in that area :-)

4 hours ago, supo said:

wow....... that's some assembled bag.....some good choices in there:tsg_smiley_japan:

Thanks Stew! Irons, wedges and hybrid have all been dialed in by yourself.

1 hour ago, Haovictor said:

Love that Gold!

Yes, it is lovely. And now I have 2 ?

• 4 months later...

So an update for the short season we are about to enter into here in Sweden. In about a month the courses will look ok, the greens will roll at 6 and we will have 3 months of golf ahead of us. Yes, a great place to be for those months, although the rest of the year is a bit rough.. Like this morning, April 13th, I have ice on my car windows in the morning and there is a major accident due to icy roads in Stockholm. Anyways, enough moaning as golf season is around the corner.

This year it looks like I will have 3 drivers to play around with. That means that every one of them will get about 2 rounds in this year :-)

Grandista LS-001 with a Bangvoo Premium

Crazy CRZ 450 with a Crazy Boron

Jbeam ZY-7 with a Sanki Planaria

All shafts are in the mid 60 gram range so about 10 grams lighter than I'm used to. Good, cause I'm getting old.

I will also have 3 sets of irons to fiddle with:

My trusty Yamaha Tour Model 2009, this year fitted with a set of TT Monacos

The PRGR IDBL will also get a set of TT Monacos

And the Yonex ezone MB are shafted with Crazy Tour Targets. 

For the 3-wood selection I have a large number but I don't know if I'll actually have a 3-wood or a 15° hybrid. It will be between:

Agrind Kobe 15° with a Fire Express 75 and

Proceed 15° Ti-UT with a Basileus

For 21° hybrid the RC 505v with Tour AD-UT 95x will stay in the bag. Have to work out a little though.

Wedges will be Buchi MT-201 protos mixed with SDJ 115 protos.

Driving iron, I want Tanihara's Honma but have not found anyone who wants to steal it for me. Have to find something new, maybe the Titleist 718 T-MB 2-iron.

Putter will likely be the Gold's Factory Private Stock #2 that I had refinished at TSG Clubworks in black boron with a matching Teramoto shaft. 

Looking forwards to this season that I hope also involves a trip or two to the range. Haven't been in a couple of years so to make the Yonex MB work I will have to hit a few.

Happy golfing brothers!

Looking forward to some feedback on those drivers, particularly the zy7.

Thanks Doc! Well, tomorrow morning we will have -7 degrees C here. It has been snowing some today.. Some courses around where I live are open but most will open their greens in 2-3 weeks. I normally don't hit the course before some time in June as the greens are just shabby. Then in late August they let the grass grow a bit longer and most of the fun is lost. Some people play April through September but not many.

Time to move.....

That would be wise. Anyone have a spare house in LaJolla? I'd be happy to look after it for a few years ?

On 4/13/2017 at 2:00 PM, Ian-500 said:

Looking forward to some feedback on those drivers, particularly the zy7.

And can we have some pics too?

10 hours ago, bngolfer said:

That would be wise. Anyone have a spare house in LaJolla? I'd be happy to look after it for a few years ?

I don't know how you guys can live with only. few months of golf a year...  Seriously, I couldn't do it. Makes me want to offer out a spare room or something to TSG'ers. ? 

Please start a TSG Airbnb for us. Include JDM company and entry to some private clubs. That would be awesome!

It's snowing now, wind is howling and it is minus 7. Lovely.. Stockholm in about a month from now though: mmm beautiful in every aspect (including los ladies). 

Hey Doc,

I played asme really good public and private courses in the Seattle area back in 1995. Semiahmoo, Avalon, Loomis trail (which was the private and Japaneese owned if I recall. It was amazing with very few members and very few rounds played. Greens were rolling 12 the few times I played it.) Sahalee was fantastic too. 

It's been a few years since I've been back to Seattle but next time I'm bringing my sticks!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I will have to create a good reason to go that will stick at home...