Anyone have any feedback on the new PRGR RS and RS-F driver? There's some talk of them being non conforming...

Mjr. D

Heard there's some talk of the USGA? checking whether these things are conforming or not. 

Anyone hit these? Thoughts?

On 11/30/2016 at 11:45 PM, Mjr. D said:

Heard there's some talk of the USGA? checking whether these things are conforming or not. 

Anyone hit these? Thoughts?

Do tell I haven't heard about that.  Should be ok as these are on the list,  usga took the photos and checked the CT's signing off on them I assume.

I've hit every current PRGR club just about.

RS is awesome club,  still a bit player but i found it easier to hit a fade than the red series and super egg.  lower launching compared to them.   I really liked the Red 9.5S and put a AAA pull I had in it,  I play wet weather a lot now and this build had awesome carry and played dead straight reminding me of those pings that are point and shoot.

RS-F was a fade machine for me I didn't give it too much time. but for the aggressive hooker this thing would help.  My buddy just hooks balls and swings about 110 plays X and with the RS-F had tight tight draws using the stock shaft.  

PRGR Super Egg non conforming is one of my favorites,  I want to put a better shaft on one in the future.

Cool. On the other forum over there someone mentioned some of the JPGA pros using it had them taken away or something..

"Spotted this over the weekend - pretty big news for a driver to be retrospectively examined by the R&A.  Still on the conforming list for now." 

He linked this - not sure if this is talking about it or not - https://www.prgr-golf.com/information/info/rsf.html

3 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Cool. On the other forum over there someone mentioned some of the JPGA pros using it had them taken away or something..

"Spotted this over the weekend - pretty big news for a driver to be retrospectively examined by the R&A.  Still on the conforming list for now." 

He linked this - not sure if this is talking about it or not - https://www.prgr-golf.com/information/info/rsf.html

Pause of sale?  makes me want it more!

Chris, I ordered one form you and was told you can't get them because they have haulted the sales of those clubs

On 12/4/2016 at 1:28 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Pause of sale?  makes me want it more!

Sorry I forget not everybody speaks or reads Japanese fluently!

I first saw this posted on the Japanese Golf Digest website.

I've searched online for more information on this but there isn't anything beyond the press statement.  Nothing on the R&A website I could find either.  But the RS-F still on the conforming list, so its legal to play.  

I would guess that some of the R&A tests are showing the RS-F to be over the CT limit and they are negotiating with PRGR.  

The shape of the crown makes the whole face flex more, making it extremely easy for them to build non-conforming drivers if they want but more importantly to get the CT up to the limit for a larger area of the club face...

2 hours ago, Golfbaka said:

Sorry I forget not everybody speaks or reads Japanese fluently!

I first saw this posted on the Japanese Golf Digest website.

I've searched online for more information on this but there isn't anything beyond the press statement.  Nothing on the R&A website I could find either.  But the RS-F still on the conforming list, so its legal to play.  

I would guess that some of the R&A tests are showing the RS-F to be over the CT limit and they are negotiating with PRGR.  

The shape of the crown makes the whole face flex more, making it extremely easy for them to build non-conforming drivers if they want but more importantly to get the CT up to the limit for a larger area of the club face...

If I had one I would have the CT checked to find out.

CT is a slipery slope for OEM's,  each driver CT's so different that if they dared write the CT on the head itself customers would always request the highest CT heads.  I've sat through CT testing where the OEM was so happy the CT #'s were so high but would not disclose them because customers would not want the lower CT heads in the bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the R&A have ruled this driver non-conforming - no wonder it was gathering such a good reputation... it seems it was exceeding the CT limit for off centre hits!!!

PRGR are offering a FOC replacement with the much cooler looking (and conforming) Prototype version but not until Feb...  Most of the tour pros have been using the prototype version.  My guess would be that they've just ordered another production run of the prototype heads...   

https://www.prgr-golf.com/information/info/rsf2.html