JDM Putters

Henry

Thinking about a new putter for 2017. Any Japan only putters on the market that you have tried and are in love with?

Edited by Henry

Yamada shotgun burning copper

ryoma M3

far too many to name.

Yamada..hiro mats, epon zen,  miura,  spring immeditaly to mind

best idea  is   prob get a golds  or golds modified and u cant go wrong.

nothng else competes

Edited by supo

Seven X Gold's ;)

Does Yamada have a website? Cannot seem to find it?  

Don't think they have their web site, but there are a few dealers, even a Facebook page, a new hand made model will take 3-6 months waiting time. Lot of members here  have the yamada or even a few yamada, they are really good, try search which model you are looking for, some members might have some spare, good luck!

I have a couple of Gold's Factory and have had a few hundred other putters. Can't get these out of my hands though. As Stu said, get a Gold's or a Gold's modified of a model that suits your eye. That would be a good start.

Yamada, Hiro, an old G-Field or why not a Seven? All great as well. I'm tickled by Armsgain too. They look amazing and the story is cool. Good luck!

They are extremely well finished, you get them to your exact specs, the balance is wonderful and you can have a specific look with inserts and finishes that truly make every putter unique.

I am trying to find a putter that helps with a fault of mine, namely I have a tendency to "punch" the ball as opposed to stroking it. Looking for a putter that can help stroke the ball better. I found the Taylormade Spyder helped a lot but I cant stand the looks of it. I am more of a traditionalist.  

The fact with Gold's is that you know,when you hold one,that it's almost impossible to have better  :)  

I don't look to putter anymore !

A thing that may help is if you add a heavy Nippon putter shaft to a Golds with a 350g - 360g head. The overall balance is such that a "punch" will be difficult to accomplish as it will most likely promote a stroke. I would give it a go. The GF001 is a beautiful head for instance.

I gamed Miura 006 and 007 and now Ryoma p3.. The 007 is so much softer than the 006 that I cannot put it words. 
I putted VERY well with the 006 but the feeling was so lame that I just had to sell it and bought the Ryoma p3.. Its a lovely putter! I just put a dogatti in it and it is rolling VERY well. Highly recommend Dogatti also the ryoma p3