Any Z-Star Players ?

TourSpecGolfer

I like Z-Stars I also like Bridgestones,  those are the two balls I play the most.

Coming Jan 1st Dunlop is releasing the new Z-Star,  the ball that Hideki plays 

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 10.17.52 AM.png

Dunlop Proposed over 60 prototypes to meet Matsuyama's needs. Among them, the deciding factor used in the game was "sound".

Matsuyama conducted a field test to confirm "hitting sound" on the putter tested at a hotel.  This is pretty interesting as I never really considered sound a big deal in a ball.  especially of the putter.  He calls it am clean and clear sound.

Keep in mind Matusyama didn't use the previous Z-Star XV but now is gaming the new one.  This new ball had a slight increase in spin #'s for him but he also got more distance on the driver.

Hideki Matsuyama, Hideki Matsuyama, Hideto Tanihara, Shin Wan Katayama, Playa de Marks player, Ibomi player, Ritsuko Kasa, Mr. Jeon Mi-jung and others are already using the ball as of Nov 2016.

Ball's not even released and they have 18 wins.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 10.24.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 10.22.38 AM.png

Very interesting. Whatever Matsuyama is doing, others should take note. He is ridiculous. 

I swap between Srixon and Bridgestone too, but lower down the range. I never found much difference in distance or spin with the more expensive balls.

I'm  interested in this. Since I've now run out of the Nike Blacks I was using, I've been trying the ZStar. I find it scuffs pretty easily and def does not go as far off the driver as the Nike, but I do like it off my irons a lot, and for putting. And BTW, I do really care about the sound of a ball, and especially off the putter. I do the same test with a new ball at home on my carpet, and immediately reject some because of sound and feel off the putter... 

Is this ball going to be available in the States, too, in January, Chris?

TS   x-01z   and  z-star is all my  main  bags have , apart from some fun with the prgr egg balls, (they go miles.) and   WHEN ITS WET   the XXIO super newing and  premium brills  those go ridiculously   high and far. but suffer on the spin round the greens so I don't use em  when its quick, but when thers some grip, ridiculously good.

there is a difference In sound on the putter face,  I discovered that when I hit the XXIO one day  Vs  the   x-01z, the XXIO felt like a mushroom in comparison to a soft marble feel.

so I get where hes coming from.

ill grab a sleeve or 2  of these as soon as they are  out for sure.

Edited by supo

I loved the z -star a while back & tried to go back to it last year. That spin skin is way too much spin for me & went XV route. 

Is the new line different?

I just checked the list of winners above. #17? You just have to love the Japanese ?