Mizuno MP 55 vs Titleist VG3 vs Labospec 247g irons

gordo905

13 hours ago, gordo905 said:

Browsing new irons since fitting session recommended different shafts.  I'm wondering if these three are in the same category and which is best suitable for improving  20 handicapper.  Thank you for replies. 

Thanks for this,  they would all fit you well as a 20hcp.  The VG3 Forged (smaller one) may be the least forgiving.   I would skip the 247G for the Honma BeZeal.  I think MP-55 's are great as well.  Less tech but solid 1 piece w/ undercut design with strong lofts,  soft feel and plenty of forgiveness.   Also if you want to go slightly smaller than these Honma TW737P or Miura Giken PP-9005G

Also for fun to help take your game to a new place get some blades and practice to help you focus smaller.  When you learn to hit the blades then move to a mid or GI iron I notice it makes them easier to hit.

28 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Also for fun to help take your game to a new place get some blades and practice to help you focus smaller.  When you learn to hit the blades then move to a mid or GI iron I notice it makes them easier to hit.

This is certainly a great way to improve ball striking skills. One thing to remember though is to have similar shafts and swing weight or timing will be messed up. For sure a lot of fun and when you have taken the blades to the range a few times they will make it onto the course too ?

MP55's are great feeling, long, and forgiving. What shaft are you planning on playing?

BTW, totally agree about mixing in blades and then switching to CB's. Been doing it lately myself, and it almost feels like cheating when I play the CB's.