KYOEI is creating their own house brand

TourSpecGolfer

Kyoei Factory19.jpg

As Miura has Miura and ENDO has EPON now KYOEI will have KYOEI... 

This is interesting.  The Reveal is less than 2 months away.

The first product will be a muscle back.

They have a lot going for and against them.  Is now the time to release a new brand?  How much will they cost?  

On paper Kyoei has a lot of positives:

- Japan's original golf club "foundry"

- They created the precision forging final process that Miura learned while working there to create WDD

- Miura-san used to be a Kyoei employee before starting his own business. ( Miura is not a foundry )

- Kyoei is not only a foundry but also has a finishing plant on site.  ( the govt. of Japan no longer approves these licenses.

- The local Hyogo prefecture govt is backing Kyoei in this project because of the companies historical value to the country.

There are a lot of things you may not know about Kyoei,  many grinders learned their skill there,  even grinders from the U.S have been sent there to apprentice.  They have manufactured clubs or supplied the raw forgings for many big OEM's especially for their tour players who need custom work.  

Any idea of the specs of these irons?  Low (SB-01)/mid (MP4)/high (Personal 2) offset?  What about blade length?  There have been some recent Instagram posts which have mentioned a Kyoei/Zestaim small blade, but it doesn't look as though it's for sale (if it exists). 

12 minutes ago, db2 said:

Any idea of the specs of these irons?  Low (SB-01)/mid (MP4)/high (Personal 2) offset?  What about blade length?  There have been some recent Instagram posts which have mentioned a Kyoei/Zestaim small blade, but it doesn't look as though it's for sale (if it exists). 

This has nothing to do with Zestaim.  No shared designs or collaboration between the two projects.  I do not have any other info for you besides that at the moment.

1 hour ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

This has nothing to do with Zestaim.  No shared designs or collaboration between the two projects.  I do not have any other info for you besides that at the moment.

Interesting to follow...

I always thought Zestaim was Kyoei's house brand. Either way, Kyoei is one of my favs so I'm looking forward.

19 minutes ago, chiromikey said:

I always thought Zestaim was Kyoei's house brand. Either way, Kyoei is one of my favs so I'm looking forward.

Zestaim  does belong to Kyoei but its not a exactly the house brand,  Nextstage does as well but again not a house brand.  Both have not done so well.  Even vega was once before it sold.  

KYOEI is offically their house brand and its run completely on its own and has separate backing.

9 minutes ago, supo said:

finally.................., love that co.

Im sure they could use your help testing clubs Stew..

• 1 month later...

Well,  that new year's resolution for only owning a single set at a time for play may have to go out the door!!    Darn!!  

Looks cool. What's market segment with the new range/brand? Roughly speaking is it in miura price point? Or itobori? Or such?   Wondering if i should start dreaming or not

reminding me of the zodia grind

That's pretty sick looking. Would you say Kyoei is one of Japan's big three all-time icoonic iron makers?  Mizuno, Honma, Kyoei? Miura in there? Or am I way off?

13 hours ago, Koehr said:

Looks cool. What's market segment with the new range/brand? Roughly speaking is it in miura price point? Or itobori? Or such?   Wondering if i should start dreaming or not

I hope 150-175 per head. 

Itobori while pretty is a greed machine.  They are taking open model heads and putting a bunch of fancy scratches, stamping, and a finish on it then jacking the price up more than 10 X over what it cost to make.  

2 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

That's pretty sick looking. Would you say Kyoei is one of Japan's big three all-time icoonic iron makers?  Mizuno, Honma, Kyoei? Miura in there? Or am I way off?

Kyoei is the most iconic in Japan actually.  They are a foundry,  they also do finishing which is rare as Japan does not issue that license any longer. They are also one of the very the first and thats why Hyogo prefecture considers them a historically valuable company.

Endo was #2  but they are made in Thailand now,  Mizuno doesnt actually have their own foundry,  Miura is not a foundry the pictures and video they post for the initial forging steps are at another factory but they do all the alter presses.  Mr Miura worked and learned his skill at Kyoei as an employee.

This is just my opinion on the ranking.  Im disqualifying brands that don't forge and are not made in Japan.    There is another forging factory that has the absolute highest quality in Japan,  Beyond Endo for sure as many Endo staff left to go work there.  Wanna see their clubs?  Wait till March 24th ;)

Ooooh boy.

Looking forward to this.

These are on a list that I thought I was done with!

I'm not sure if I can handle the 24th!!!

These look amazing! I checked out the specs on their site and Face Progression is listed as ranging from 5.5mm from 3-8 to 6mm from 9-PW. As far as I understand it, the higher the FP number the lower the offset, right? I compared them to other irons I liked (J15MB, Seven MB) and that number seems quite high. God it will be hard to resist getting these