Ryoma F2 3 wood (Is it a keeper?)

Tiptx4

No more PRGR as they were about the best 3 wood for me for my last 3-4- years. Now I did try the F3 15* Ryoma 3 wood a few years back but I felt the trajectory was a bit too high. It's so hard to find the Ryoma F2's but I landed a new 2016 model and it should be here in 2 weeks. I plan on this being my gamer for all of 2017 as I know that they perform well and are very forgiving. I would like to hear what others that have hit them or own one thinks of them. I'm going with the stock shaft as I hear that this is a very good stock offering. 

I replaced my old Ryoma 5 FW with the new ryoma 5 FW, no problem of switching them, still easy long and forgiving, a bit high trajectory but i can live with it, sounds and feels a completely different, they are pretty quiet and not really metallic feel. love it and it will be my keeper.

I am gaming Ryoma F3 2016 3w shafted with TRPX red hot type K which works wonders for me. Ball flight I find not as high as the previous model and very forgiving. Off centered hits still goes without losing that much distance. I usually prefer a smaller head at set up and thought of the ryoma a little big, but it proved me wrong. Fairway lies and light rough was no problem for the F3. I recommend them.

12 hours ago, Tiptx4 said:

No more PRGR as they were about the best 3 wood for me for my last 3-4- years. Now I did try the F3 15* Ryoma 3 wood a few years back but I felt the trajectory was a bit too high. It's so hard to find the Ryoma F2's but I landed a new 2016 model and it should be here in 2 weeks. I plan on this being my gamer for all of 2017 as I know that they perform well and are very forgiving. I would like to hear what others that have hit them or own one thinks of them. I'm going with the stock shaft as I hear that this is a very good stock offering. 

The shaft will play a big role in how high it goes.  For ryoma's don't give up if the standard shaft doesn't do what you want,  the heads are so good I suggest trying again with a different shaft.

• 3 weeks later...

any shafts that you can recommend that will generally go well with the new Ryoma head?

I am not a fan of tour ad shaft as it has never get along with me. Thats what keeping me from getting the Ryoma though. If i could however  get the heads only with a different shaft it will be great. 

On 06/02/2017 at 2:42 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

The shaft will play a big role in how high it goes.  For ryoma's don't give up if the standard shaft doesn't do what you want,  the heads are so good I suggest trying again with a different shaft.

the diamana B is a great shaft for this head the shaft is a mid/ high  balcne kick so its a bit lower than a few others   and its made of all that super duper  high mumble swerve tech that Mitsubishi makes ,AND its now cheap. it will bring the flight down on the  ryoma. and ITS  ererily straight .  this makes a  fantastic fw shaft more so than a driver shaft I found.