My irons shots are a bit hooky

nobmontana

So my new build with the Seven Shinagawa heads is about 1/2 inch over standard length @ 38.5" 5 iron

I normally use standard length clubs but I was lazy to cut it to standard length when I built it. 

I seem to be getting a bit much draw spin at the moment.     

Is this normal to see in a longer than standard club length with standard lie because the shaft angle at address is a bit flatter than how it would be with a standard length club?   Am I effectively creating an upright head orientation? 

that certianly  seems to makes sense to me if u didn't  counter Stiffen it.

A  heaver swing weight shud make the ball draw more  well that's how I tend to  I think...... well it does that to me on longer drivers  as a rule.

sounds right..

Thanks guys!!    really helps! 

My previous sets R1CB / MCI Black 100 Stiff   were lighter,  a bit more weaker to flex.

With that set,  I remember I was getting more of a push to the right when I started using it.   

I am thinking the lighter weight allowed me to swing with  a more vertical swing plane ... and because of the softer flex,  possibly the shaft bend

( toe down) at impact created a flatter lie?      Which might mean the current set up is too stiff & too heavy? 

And of course ... the entire problem could be me and my swing. :)

I have a more sweeping swing and less hitting down on the ball which could be contributing to the issue as well.

This should straighten you out.

Thanks for the video .. but problem solved!  

I was scooping the ball as I thought.   Hitting down has resulted in straight to the target shots...   Yay!! 

Just need to make sure the scooping does not come back.