What is the relationship between Epon and Dead or Alive

Haovictor

Its a project with Epon and their Korean Distributor C&S.  Its about 2 years old now.  Shafts are made in Japan by FSP while the heads are made in Thailand at Endo.  

They are adjusting the epon molds doing things like ordering new sole molds these are all adjustments and not new original designs etc..  The irons in the photo is the P3.  Which by the way is still not sold out despite what fan boys say.  

These clubs all have very light heads look at the P3 version D0.5 stock,  look at the lie angle on the driver 62* those two things show who the intended target is.

They were at the U.S golf show demo day as well.

1 hour ago, Haovictor said:

Thanks a lot. Chris. This is very helpful.

i honestly do not understand Epon's strategy. 

Its ok they don't either.  

2 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Its a project with Epon and their Korean Distributor C&S.  Its about 2 years old now.  Shafts are made in Japan by FSP while the heads are made in Thailand at Endo.  

They are adjusting the epon molds doing things like ordering new sole molds these are all adjustments and not new original designs etc..  The irons in the photo is the P3.  Which by the way is still not sold out despite what fan boys say.  

These clubs all have very light heads look at the P3 version D0.5 stock,  look at the lie angle on the driver 62* those two things show who the intended target is.

They were at the U.S golf show demo day as well.

So the original p3 heads are light as you have stated? And they the p3 heads you did by tsg club works got even lighter? 

Might have to look into a set of these very good looking

7 hours ago, D22marshall said:

So the original p3 heads are light as you have stated? And they the p3 heads you did by tsg club works got even lighter? 

Might have to look into a set of these very good looking

Just look at the chart with Modus 105s your at D0.5 if thats good for you then great. 

Standard is also 37.25 on the #5 so if you bring it up to 38" I think your fine on SW.

1 hour ago, D22marshall said:

I sometimes don't understand why you tend to bag out certain brands and promote others it would be great to get feedback unbiased on all new gear.

Because i am bias,  thats the truth.  All humans have bias.  so dont let it rub you the wrong way.  

What kind of feedback are you looking for?  

When I rant people get insight and dont have to agree.

17 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

Chris that response is top notch.

As long as people understand that good for you.

so in you opinion are these heads rare limited great looking head or a watered down version of the p3? 

Also why is epon trying this avenue?

Thank you, as you can tell Its pretty obvious i dont like Epon,  its the history we have.  The product is fantastic so lets seperate that from my feelings about the brand.  I can go on and on about this so ill zip it now.

Not watered down,  P3s are good, most of their products are killer.  The look well too much text for me and kinda confusing with the branding but still very cool in satin. 

I take it back on the head weights it was the length that makes them a light SW at 38" they are fine.  but 62* lie on the driver...

No clue what they are doing.  This reminds me of LFD.   

Yeah I love epon gear but I have tried so many of there drivers and fwys etc can't use them well, might just be me.

But the irons and wedges and di's are superb.

personally I moved back to ping i20 driver 3 and 5  and consistency has picked up a lot.

cheers thanks for your thoughts on the dead or alive e60 wanted the p3s but black was not for me so will try and get a set of these ones.

2 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Yeah I love epon gear but I have tried so many of there drivers and fwys etc can't use them well, might just be me.

But the irons and wedges and di's are superb.

personally I moved back to ping i20 driver 3 and 5  and consistency has picked up a lot.

cheers thanks for your thoughts on the dead or alive e60 wanted the p3s but black was not for me so will try and get a set of these ones.

same as me mate. Can't get use to their drivers and fws. But the irons and wedges are superb. I am always trying other brands but always come back to epon irons. They just perform well for me on course and its hard to find another that perform better.

Looks like Epon is coming out with their version of the above driver design in gold ...    which usually means non-conforming Senior player oriented driver. 

• 5 months later...
On 27/03/2017 at 9:59 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Shafts are made in Japan by FSP

can you point me to their website?