The New SEVEN CB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, vanla01 said:

Chris,

Maybe TSG special pricing for long term membesr?

Based on standard margins if we had dealers these would cost 525 per head.   We are selling them at 350 per head by cutting out the dealers.   Our cost is over 200 per head.   In the golf world my cost is insane and the margin is small.  I have many to sell before I pay off my cad,cam,rps,setup fees so by the 3rd product run I should be out of the red.  

Isnt this refreshing?  knowing a brands cost and our reasoning behind our pricing.

I need to grow the brand to increase my volume to either make more money or lower the cost to the consumer.  

3 hours ago, onelkhaw said:

Hi Chris,

Can you advise me which CB model is close to the size of 2016 Seven CB?

The new SEVEN CB is totally different than the 2016 Seven CB.  The difference is night and day.  from materials,  to the design,  the CGs, the way its manufactured etc.. totally different.  If you liked the 16 CB you will love the new one tons more.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, chiromikey said:

Wow! Nice pic :)

second that!

Lucky me!!  I had a chance to hit these Seven CBs the last few days.   So I wanted to share my thoughts on these new irons. 

Looks:   The fully milled form of this CB is nothing like I have seen before.  So precise and exact looking.   At address,  the overall look provides a hint of forgiveness.   However, the reduced offset will appeal to seasoned players and the top line will inspire confidence for mid to high handicap players.    From that perspective, I think these irons will be popular with a wide range of players.   Love the pointy toe shape!  

Performance:  First,  when these had MCI shafts in them.   For me,  these shafts provided very high trajectory.. perhaps too high.  I thought I was losing a bit distance because it went too high...  I then switched them out with DG S200 and boom!  I got my usual distance back.   I think they get good distance for being traditionally lofted.   I was getting 165 to 170 yd carry with a 6 iron.   These CBs,  I would say,  are on the forgiving side for a players cavity back.   For me, they were easy to work left and right without being twitchy.    The sole design looks like it will work well with players who hit down given the nice leading edge relief but also work well with sweeper type players with the slightly wider sole design that will glide thru the turf.    

Feel:   With the MCI shafts,  they felt a bit firmer than what I expected from a forged CB head.    After switching the shafts to DG S200 it was like night and day!   Wow!  these CBs feel so good at impact!  a dense yet soft feel that could go head to head against any high end JDM forged CB iron out there.    You can actually feel the ball sticking to the face a split second longer before being launched.   This feel is very addicting.  

Summary:   I hear that these irons also come in a more "fresh off the milling machine"  look with the mill marks retained everywhere which I think is so cool given that most irons on the market has a smooth surface/sole.    I personally prefer the look with the milling marks.  

These CB's live several leagues above your typical mass produced forged players CB's of popular JDM brands.  

To use an analogy, if Miura were Ferraris and Epon were Lamborghinis of irons... I'd think these Seven CBs would be like Koenigsegg. 

If you are in the market for a players CB iron,  I highly recommend you take a good look at these!  

Great review, nob. Thanks for details and shaft comparisons. It's funny, I've just gone from MCI's and OTi's to Modus 3's in Mizzy's and had an identical reaction. Just a great feel. Those Sevens are gorgeous. Congrats! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - just beautiful! Can you post some pics with the mill marks?

Chris, can the lie angle be changed without damage prior to ordering? Something like 1.5* up.......

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

Chris, can the lie angle be changed without damage prior to ordering? Something like 1.5* up.......

Yes,  our lie/loft changes are done at the factory using a specific machine and custom jig so there are no marks whatsoever.  

On 4/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, bngolfer said:

Chris - just beautiful! Can you post some pics with the mill marks?

This is actually with full body mill,  its just hard to see with this lighting.

Ah, I noticed the full milling in the blog. They look amazing indeed.

I already know, deep down where I hate to admit it, that I'll have to get these sooner or later.  

Currently play with Epon 302 and 503, how is the set compared? Forgiveness and distance.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Black IP done in Japan is sooo quality but its also very expensive. 

Its actually a plated finish first then the black IP process after so its very durable and pretty scratch resistant.

DSC00012.jpg

On 4/26/2017 at 8:07 PM, Aceseeker said:

Currently play with Epon 302 and 503, how is the set compared? Forgiveness and distance.  Thanks

Its closer to the 302 in size yet with less offset,  forgiveness is similar,  feel is totally different,  shape is better than the 302,  its made better and to a tighter tolerance.   I think you will notice its softer all over the face where as the 302 gets firmer the further out you miss.   With the SEVENs good shots are rewarded with an impact where the ball feels like it compresses spongy and launches hot off the face.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kinda funny is shops in S.E asia are purchasing these from our proshop full price then putting them on display in their store.   SEVEN has ZERO dealers other than TSG but these guys want to look like they carry it.