The New SEVEN CB

seven-new-cb-main-img.jpg

Introducing the New SEVEN CB! Made with an entirely new design using new materials and manufactured 100% in Japan. We suggest you have a closer look zoom in so you can see the quality is unlike any other. By using Japanese 5 Axis milling machines with specialized software we were able to create the highest quality cavity back the golf world has ever seen. SEVEN is also boasting the highest manufacturing cost per head with their intention to cut out middle man keeping the retail price as low as possible thus giving the consumer the best product they can buy.

DSC03337-Edit.jpg

Completely 360NC milled from a solid block of forged steel where as other high end clubs only CNC the back cavity of the head and not the shape the new SEVEN CB is 100% milled from hosel to toe.  We want you to compare these to see for yourself that no other brands equal the precision and quality that the new SEVEN CB entails.

DSC03381-Edit.jpg

SEVEN is also utilizing 3D-CG programming to ensure the center of gravity locations are at the optimal positioning for the best performance possible.  Many big OEMs use CAD to assist in CG placement but because this is a fully CNC made head we are able to better maximize ball speeds,  launch, and forgiveness.

Two versions exist the original which features milling marks everywhere on the body (see below) as well as a hand polished version that lightly removes milling marks except in the cavity and on the face (see above).  No grinding is done whatsoever to dictate the shape of this club.  

DSC03483-Edit-2-1.jpg

The shape is flawless and perfectly consistent with no deviation between sets.  The tolerance is the tightest of any 1 piece head made thanks to the quality of the CNC programming and machinery. SEVEN has also taken this club above and beyond by incorporating whats called  Pure Tempered Technology.  PTT  makes the club firmer in certain areas for  improved spin performance and feel this proprietary tempering process is started at 850 degrees for 4 hours then cools down to 500 degrees in a specialized vacuum atmosphere.

DSC03340-Edit.jpg

The above is what we feel is the perfect view from address.  The offset/face progression numbers are exactly what golfers want:  4.5/5.0/5.5  very few clubs have this little offset and this would be equal or even less offset than even the smallest blades.  The top line is thin but in perfect proportion to the body and shape,  we have also implemented a clear top blade style which is why you dont see bead blast on the top line.

DSC03351-Edit.jpg

The grooves are milled not pressed,  the entire face has the tightest milling while the neck transition also has a light mill to show off how well this head is made.    The toe extends past the top line not boxed or tear drop but in between for the perfect profile from all angles.  Simply put your looking at the best cavity back money can buy.

DSC02408-Edit.jpg

SEVEN has also produced a set matching gap wedge (see below) This is important as many golfers have a slight distance gap between the PW and a traditional blade AW.  This is a big deal and we highly suggest adding it to your order.  SEVEN has produced the base set as 5-PW with optional #4 and AW.

DSC02357-Edit.jpg

Below the specs, notice the lofts are pretty traditional unlike most irons on the market today the F.P (offset) is extremely little and the head weights ideal to produce the recommended swing weight for most players.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-23-at-3.24.46-PM.png

The New SEVEN CB retails at $350 per head and while this is still considered very expensive each head cost more than $200 to make and that isn't including cad, heat treatment and design fee's. Simply put these are highest quality irons money can buy for now.   The New SEVEN CB is now in the TSG ProShop 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply Amazing!!    This is the most high tech once piece forged iron I have ever seen. 

I first thought that these are almost "digital"  looking vs the "analog"  of traditional forged heads that go thru a lot of manual grinding.    

But the thought around the precision and tolerance control that CNC process can deliver is definitely growing on me.

I also like the matching AW idea very much,  and while I do not mean to be too picky,  I would prefer a 52 deg  AW since the 9-PW loft gap is 5 deg.

Alternately, if the PW was 46 deg, then I think 50 deg AW would be perfect. 

Need to start saving up for these!! :)  

Beautiful Chris. Congratulations!

Really a beautiful job , Seven got me with the wedges which are top clubs , 

would love to try these babies , perfect in my list as I want to change my 703s 

Thanks guys,  the CB and MCB are the start of a big jump in SEVENs quality.   Eventually all seven clubs will be made by this same manufacturer in Japan except the MB as I don't want to mess with that.

If anyone has questions about how they are made,  costs, comparisons to brands like PXG, Epon and Miura please ask.  We are very confident in these. 

Hi 

Easy question then  , I want to change my 703s and sorry for it but was looking for the pxg XF, 

then I heard about a possible Ryoma irons  , and now this !! 

Can we consider them as forgiving or super forgiving ? 

Nice job, these look amazing. The gaps today almost require a gap wedge and I've always complained about not having a matching gap to my sets. It's nice when manufacturers get it and actually provide what players want instead of telling us what we need.

They are beauties, Chris -- all of them.

2 hours ago, smstef said:

Hi 

Easy question then  , I want to change my 703s and sorry for it but was looking for the pxg XF, 

then I heard about a possible Ryoma irons  , and now this !! 

Can we consider them as forgiving or super forgiving ? 

These are 1 piece forged heads with traditional lofts while the 703 and PXG XF are multi piece with strong lofts.  The 703 and PXG will be longer and more forgiving club vs club than the Seven CB and MCB.  That said the Maruman NX Shuttle Iron,  PRGR Super Egg, Yamaha UD+ will crush any Epon or PXG if your looking for forgiveness and distance.

The Sevens were produced with a few goals in mind:

- They must be made in Japan

- They must be higher quality than any other brand

- They must have very low offset 

- The shape must rival brands like Titleist, Bridgestone, Dunlop

- The CGs must be progressive with optimal locations chosen by cad and tested by human

- It must be a 1 piece forged head for feel 

This is  higher quality than Endo and I can say that with confidence.  But the iron you choose will depend on what your preferences are.  If your preferences match the iron you choose then you will be happiest.  So maybe its Seven,  maybe its PXG or Epon its about what you want.

Phenomenal. Not really much to add here. These look to be the standard now. 

1. How do these differ from Modart? Modart also CNC's all their irons.

2. Feel compared to 302s, Kuros, Mizunos? 

3. "Eventually all seven clubs will be made by this same manufacturer in Japan except the MB as I don't want to mess with that" - Which MB clubs are you referring to here?

Great job man.

Edited by Mjr. D

8 hours ago, Megameng said:

These look amazing Chris. From a "feel", and separately, a "performance" perspective, would you say these are more like 302's or 2015 kuro's?

That is hard to judge because experiences vary with player, shaft used etc..  I don't think they are anything like either in terms of feel or performance.  The SEVENs for its size are very forgiving and better balanced than both.  All 3 irons are excellent.  

Feel - I have not hit the new Kuros but hear they are soft,  the 302s are one of my favorite feeling cavity backs,  Seven CB is a little firmer than the 302 and the past Kuro but center struck feel better and more rewarding to me.  not softer just better.   outside of center they have a very consistent vibration that is very unique and feels hot.

6 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Phenomenal. Not really much to add here. These look to be the standard now. 

1. How do these differ from Modart? Modart also CNC's all their irons.

2. Feel compared to 302s, Kuros, Mizunos? 

3. "Eventually all seven clubs will be made by this same manufacturer in Japan except the MB as I don't want to mess with that" - Which MB clubs are you referring to here?

Great job man.

The MB I'm talking about is the SEVEN X Shinagawa people really like it.  That is CNC + hand grind.

Modart does not use the pure tempered process and they also feel completely different,  most of that is due to design.  Not better or worse just different.  The Modarts feel firmer but still good.  The SEVENs technically should be priced higher than the Modarts due to the tempering but if we did that they would be inaccessible to many.  We cut out the shops and sell direct to the consumer and reduce the price using what the shops would usually rake in.   

Something that has bothered me lately is more JDM brands jack up their retail prices to increase their own and the distributors margins.  This gets them more support from shops because the shop makes a killing.  I will use Itobori as an example because they are the worse,  they have a  huge markup from manufacturing cost because they are prettying up open model blanks.  This is a bad deal for the customer yet great deal for the distributors as they will naturally endorse any brand if they are making money.

In a more common setup regional distributors sometimes take 20-30% and dealers take 50% so the customer gets F'd.  Think about that for a bit...

This means your paying a lot for a product that didn't cost much to make.  SEVEN is the opposite of that.  Because TSG sells direct to the consumer we will make our money, we don't need to jank the customer.  Shops will not want to sell SEVEN because there is not much profit in it for them which means more value for our clients.  If people like our products we will sell more thus increasing our volume and lowering our costs so our incentive becomes making great products that sell not the cheapest product we can charge the most for.  Because of our CAD, CAM, RPS costs SEVEN will not make money for a while but the customer will get better quality and value for their money.

Itobori - a head that retails for 350 and costs less than 40 to make.

SEVEN - a head that retails for 350 and costs 200-230 to make.  

Harsh example but it puts it into perspective.

Simply incredible....very hard to resist :) . It's by far the most beautiful irons i ever see (in picture ok...)

Definitively love your brand Chris ;) (got a GFXSeven putter a real piece of art)

this irons are a limited run?

So are these S20C or S25C ?   

Not sure if it makes a huge difference ,  but the Shinagawa MBs (S20C) definitely feels softer than any S25C heads that I have played in recent years.  It may be due to the copper underlay, not sure.

Is it still possible to do a Copper underlay with Nickel plating but also keeping the milling marks with these CBs? 

Edited by nobmontana

2 hours ago, ChoeShow said:

These look amazing. I'm just wondering the legality of these clubs when used in tournament settings?

Sets are being sent to both R&A and USGA next week.  The grooves are conforming no doubt so it will pass.

So when are the woods coming? I know you're thinking about it...

Me want

Edited by bankbank