KYOEI Blade Pics!

DSC01024-Edit.jpg

Here you have it first pics of the new Kyoei Blade and its a stunner especially in hand.  Today we are going into the product then our next blog post will be about the history of Tamaki Sakamoto and the great story behind Kyoei Factory. 

DSC02745-Edit.jpg

The official release date of the new Kyoei MB is today,  TSG is now shipping sets of 4-PW in one of two standard finishes.   The first is a smooth polished chrome mirror while the second is a raw grain black dye finish.  Kyoei is starting their own house label with a single product which is a tried and proven design that combines a classic shape with modern influences.

DSC02625-Edit.jpg

Kyoei is also offering a variety of custom finishes that are special order like the above which is in black nickel.  The second photo in this blog post shoes a matte soft gray finish.  In coming months TSG will be highlighting more of these in our marketing.

We have been testing these blades for some time now and can say with certainty that the sole grind is special.  Kyoei calls this their 5 cut sole which we found worked perfectly with golfers that have a steep downward blow and a semi shallow decent.  I think more brands should follow Kyoei's lead in creating sole designs that work for both types of players.

KyoeiMB3.jpg

There is something about the raw grain black finish that makes people smile.  It will wear beautifully starting with the impact spot and sole areas that make contact with the ground.  They also feel very soft.

KyoeiMB2.jpg

Its hard to choose between the two standard options.  Usually we are not fans of chrome mirror but after seeing the Kyoei blade in this finish it was hard to resist so I ordered my personal set this way.

In another blog post we will show in hand photos vs these studio pictures.  In hand they are some of the most stunning blades I have ever seen,  something about its simplicity and sharp edges give it a very clean and sharp appearance.

In the below photo we have a chart that shows the face progression numbers's which would make any purist player happy.  Those numbers translate into near zero offset.  6.0FP to some is also known as onset.  I have yet to find very many irons with this straight of a neck and combine that with its razor thin top line and five cut sole and we have an iron that embodies both the future and the past.

Kyoei is not claming big distance or forgiveness with this club its meant to put the player in touch with the DNA of the brand.  It is designed to be an introduction to the capabilities of Kyoei Golf and help people understand how important this company is to the Japan Golf Industry.  I will save the history of the family and factory for our next blog post as it will be a long one.  For now just focus on this beautiful blade.

The new Kyoei Blade retails at 175 per head and is sold 4-PW only at the moment.  Now shipping to our customers at TourSpecGolf - (Click Here)

DSC02735-Edit.jpg
Screen-Shot-2017-03-28-at-9.37.55-AM.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful. I cannot resist!

Imagining these in Black Nickel grain finish with MCI Blacks...     (drooling.... ) 

Where can I buy them in Singapore?

5 hours ago, bogeylondon said:

tourspecgolf.com seems to work in any country, don't think it will be a problem in Singapore.

These are Yururis on steroids! Everything I love about the Flatbacks plus all the improvements I would have made...

couple things Chris, you have 4-PW listed in the pro-shop, is there an option to add a #-3-iron or no? secondly what other finishes are planned, and when might they be available...i understand these have little just gone live for purchase today, but was curious what other options could/would be available.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:13 AM, 604_skyline said:

couple things Chris, you have 4-PW listed in the pro-shop, is there an option to add a #-3-iron or no? secondly what other finishes are planned, and when might they be available...i understand these have little just gone live for purchase today, but was curious what other options could/would be available.

Im sorry no sir they only made 4-PW.

TSG can do any of the usual finishes on them,  black mirror,  copper, soft black etc.. these are all done aftermarket.  

best feeling is the raw grain black.  

Noboru and Chiromikey have hit these already in black boron.  In raw black they are even softer.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:36 PM, bogeylondon said:

The S.E Asia regional distributor is now being established.   They are a company called Nippon Golf Tech based out of Malaysia and will have product shortly.  They will supply the top shops in Singapore as well sir.

11 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

TSG can do any of the usual finishes on them,  black mirror,  copper, soft black etc.. these are all done aftermarket.  

Noboru and Chiromikey have hit these already in black boron.  In raw black they are even softer.

Chris,

for finishes, i was curious if Kyoei themselves will offer different? there appears to be a raw grain satin in the pics on the website as well as a satin chrome?

http://kyoeigolfclubs.com/

they list #3 right there with the full specs.

did they just choose not to offer one right now? and therefore all sets are strictly 4-PW?

Club Loft Lie Weight F.P. Bounce
#3 19 59.5 245 5.5 0
#4 22 60.0 252 5.5 0
#5 26 60.5 259 5.5 0
#6 30 61.0 266 5.5 B1
#7 34 61.5 273 5.5 B2
#8 38 62.0 280 5.5 B3
#9 42 62.5 287 6.0 B4
PW 46 63.0 295 6.0 B5
Edited by 604_skyline

10 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I guess the cat's out of the bag. As Chris said, I have hit these. Absolutely the best iron I've ever had my hands on. I was content with my arsenal but I have to have these!

Stew, you gotta try these! It's everything we've been begging to be fixed in an iron!

I live in Vietnam. Pls advise me which country that I can easily buy these irons?

1 hour ago, chiromikey said:

I guess the cat's out of the bag. As Chris said, I have hit these. Absolutely the best iron I've ever had my hands on. I was content with my arsenal but I have to have these!

Stew, you gotta try these! It's everything we've been begging to be fixed in an iron!

Hey Mikey!!   I agree!  Indeed these were phenomenal feeling blades.   I only got to try these on mat surface due to the very soggy conditions, it did not make sense to even try these on the course at this time.   Would love to give it another whirl in drier conditions.  

How did you find the turf interaction in your AZ conditions?    

I hit them side by side against A Grind Proto MBs,  Yoro MP33s as comparison,  and these Kyoeis were the best feeling of the three by quite a bit of margin.   My Yoro33s are by no means a slouch either in terms feel.     

If I was good enough to regularly bag a true flatback MB,  these would be No.1 choice. 

1 hour ago, nobmontana said:

Hey Mikey!!   I agree!  Indeed these were phenomenal feeling blades.   I only got to try these on mat surface due to the very soggy conditions, it did not make sense to even try these on the course at this time.   Would love to give it another whirl in drier conditions.  

How did you find the turf interaction in your AZ conditions?    

I hit them side by side against A Grind Proto MBs,  Yoro MP33s as comparison,  and these Kyoeis were the best feeling of the three by quite a bit of margin.   My Yoro33s are by no means a slouch either in terms feel.     

If I was good enough to regularly bag a true flatback MB,  these would be No.1 choice. 

I got to hit them from hard and soft turf conditions (not soggy though) and the sole grind was VERY impressive. I don't have a steep swing but these rivaled many of the CBs with much wider soles. Went in nicely and ejected themselves before getting too deep. The heel and toe grinds seemed to make a noticeable difference although I can't figure out why. I honestly can't find anything I didn't like about them!

Pls advise me which country is the best that I can buy from (in terms of custom clearance, time of shipment...)? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, supo said:

errrrrrrrrr

japan!

I contacted a dealer in Tokyo and they cannot get hands on the set as it is for outside distribution.

wha??

that's is  what TSG is.. they  distribute them, why wud u go outside asking for "other dealers here  ?

buy em  from here

Edited by supo

13 minutes ago, supo said:

wha??

that's is  what TSG is.. they  distribute them, why wud u go outside asking for "other dealers here  ?

buy em  from here

That's right. So I ask from which country I should order from as I can not buy directly from Vietnam :)  I can arrange friends to complete the transaction for me.

5 hours ago, bogeylondon said:

That's right. So I ask from which country I should order from as I can not buy directly from Vietnam :)  I can arrange friends to complete the transaction for me.

I always thought a valid credit card and and a shipping address is all you needed to buy things from the TSG pro shop.....  regardless of where you live in the world.