KYOEI Blade Pics!

and few people miss them -- the #3 iron that is

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 3 irons for me ...   well  I do have 22 deg 4 irons as my longest iron in all 4 of my bags in rotation.   

I guess that's close to a traditional 3 iron from a loft perspective.  But even then my 4 irons are either driving irons or pocket cavity backs. 

I can't imagine having to hit a 3 iron in a muscle back.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 8:38 AM, chiromikey said:

I bought sword oil from Amazon. I'd wipe off any debris after each round then spray on the sword oil and rub it into the metal so it has a light coat all over to protect it from moisture. Takes 2 mins to do the whole set. I forgot a few times and never got any rust so I just stopped after a while. They do look pretty when all oiled up though!

Sword oil works wonderfully on my carbon kitchen knives and over time a patina is formed that works really well. I too use it on raw agrind, epon, and Yamaha wedges. Good choice Mikie. 

On 12/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, Haovictor said:

I get a bit confused too on these KK MB and MB Proto. Are there any different? 

The obvious difference is the finish...  Arakenma Kurozome vs Brushed Nickel Chrome 

the sole grinds are different as well.    5 cut sole on the KK MB and more leading and trailing edge relief for the Prototype MB. 

Both look out of this world, so I could really go with either!!     Raw & wild look of the Kurozome provides an impression of a more aggressive power player ...  and perhaps the smooth brushed nickel finish is more for players who prefer a sophisticated clean look.  

kind of like comparing Roy McAvoy vs David Simms in the movie "Tin Cup"   ? 

• 2 weeks later...

We have sold many of these.  Any of you guys pick up a set.

Similar to Yururi blades but people are loving the reduced offset of the Kyoei's and the 5 cut sole.

I love the prototype series.  so soft.  well both are so soft but just different.