KYOEI Blade Pics!

3 hours ago, kaaayelll said:

Mikey, please speak to the differences between these and the Yururi FB. 

All you need to do is imagine the Flatbacks with no offset and a better sole grind. Perfection comes to mind ;)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are beautiful irons, no doubt. Remind me of raw vega ... sole and look. I am guessing they are pretty demanding - sweetspot or bust kind of blade - different from, say, personal 2 or shinagawa that are more generous.  

Is that correct?  

It's been a while since I've had my hands on Vegas but iirc, the Vegas were larger. I haven't hit the Shinagawas yet so I can't comment on those. It's hard to talk about blades being generous unless we're talking about the old AF-Tours but I wouldn't say these are any less generous than the P2s. They are pretty different though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Chris when are they doing a cb?

Wedge is next and CB after that sir.

I am pushing for a retail price decrease as well.  If all works out these will have a $1000 msrp soon!

On 7/27/2017 at 4:38 PM, chiromikey said:

Any info on the wedges?

Yup they will be very similar to the Yururi Raw Gekku.   Kyoei sends me the prototypes for our advice they provide many grinds and much to our surprise the one that closely resembles the Raw Gekku came out on top.   Such a basic and well done sole grind that I often forget about.

For those who don't know Kyoei produces this wedge for Yururi.  So yes the two will be very similar but the Kyoei visually looks outstanding.

btw Kyoei black raw grain blades are back in stock!

• 8 months later...

I think we will be done in about 3-4 months.  

On a side note and something you guys may be interested in.  Tried to keep it on the wraps but word is getting out.  KK in its entirety is my project.   from design, logo, distribution and all sales is a project of ours.  

The CB just has a few aesthetic hurdles to sort and then final samples can be made for testing.

12 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

On a side note and something you guys may be interested in.  Tried to keep it on the wraps but word is getting out.  KK in its entirety is my project.   from design, logo, distribution and all sales is a project of ours.  

The CB just has a few aesthetic hurdles to sort and then final samples can be made for testing.

Kk blades I am sure have been a smash hit.

i have been waiting for the cb from  the moment the blade was released.

This has been the only iron that has tempted me away from epon.

Chris I would love to get the chance to try a demo Head if that is an option.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 10:06 AM, nobmontana said:

Hey Mikey!!   I agree!  Indeed these were phenomenal feeling blades.   I only got to try these on mat surface due to the very soggy conditions, it did not make sense to even try these on the course at this time.   Would love to give it another whirl in drier conditions.  

How did you find the turf interaction in your AZ conditions?    

I hit them side by side against A Grind Proto MBs,  Yoro MP33s as comparison,  and these Kyoeis were the best feeling of the three by quite a bit of margin.   My Yoro33s are by no means a slouch either in terms feel.     

If I was good enough to regularly bag a true flatback MB,  these would be No.1 choice. 

I would love to give these a whirl....

On 3/30/2017 at 10:06 AM, nobmontana said:

• 1 month later...

5 cut will remain on standard models.

W grind will be on a new prototype series.

overall the brand line up will be growing and make more sense.  

it just takes times to get things right.

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 7:22 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Kk cbs when???????

#3 irons are like considerate teenagers these days -- they don't exist.