Saqra's 314h muscle back hybrid irons (3 - 5 irons) + grindworks MB-1 (6-pw) ... thoughts and reviews please, if any.

Prem

Where did my thread go? :(

Please, I could really use some help in deciding whether to buy these clubs or not.

Thinking of a combo set with 3 4 5 314h irons and 6-pw with grindworks... please share your thoughts and reviews if any.

Many thanks

images (2).jpg

images.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Screenshot_20170329-103949.png

Screenshot_20170329-103923.png

INB-314H-specs.png

DSCF3499.jpg

There is a 1 day validation period on new members so any posts done in the first 24 hours dont show.

- Saqra not so good,  hollow,  bad paint fill and finish.  I literally couldnt sell the sets i had and gave them away.  This club is 4 years old.

- Grindworks is good,  endo forged nice soft feel and forgiving for a blade.

Thank you very much for your input. I truly appreciate it.

Can you recommend me other brands that carry and sell 3, 4, and 5 irons seperately please. Preferably as a driving iron.

So these Grindworks MB-1  are from different blanks than Seven MBs?  

yup.... similar  look   (as   well as  the mirais  ) but  most definitely not the same.

. the 7s are more aggressive, less offset more fine tuned,  slightly smallr. compact  thinner , a more precise  scoring weapon

the GW are a bit easier. bit mushier feel. ,slightly less dynamic look and a  broader sole , amazing out of thicker grass !

where as the 7s are a precision  scoring  tool.

ive gamed both extensively and if I had both  sets and no other (hahahahahahah!!!!!).. id not want for anything else.  I  cud have these 2 sets for different conditions and be assured of good wands in  my  hands  .

3 hours ago, nobmontana said:

So these Grindworks MB-1  are from different blanks than Seven MBs?  

No they are not the same.  Tario helped partially design the grindworks MB which was influenced/copied by his knowledge of the SEVEN MB. Grindworks/Chujo  was not even a thought when the SEVEN MBs were made.  Originally they were called Chujo Craft but the investor Kamui Pro pulled out and so they rebranded it to Grindworks.  Logo is a play off of the website nippon.com . 

The Grindworks is mass produced and pressed by Endo.  Its flaw is imo the face shape,  everything else is nice about it.

The SEVEN MB is forged by a co called Oichi then the back face is CNC milled by Kitada,  then the heads are ground by Shingawa-sans son,  then sent back to Kitada for engravings,  then finished by Kyoshin who also finishes Miura's irons.

There you have the scoops!

Thanks Stu, Thanks Chris,

Both look nice.  

but I do prefer the overall shape of the Seven MBs for sur

I also saw the Mirai pics and did not like the writing on the back face using green and red paint. ( a bit Christmas-sy. ) 

I am very happy with my Sevens.   Still getting used to the high manuverability of these heads.   

Sorry Prem, 

I did not mean to hijack your post.

No worries. It's helping me to make a decision. Hard to find Seven clubs in Bangkok though. Haven't found an authorized dealer yet.

Would love giving the MB's a try.