Real or Fake Honma clubs

lapinou2518

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy a set of Honma Beres IS-03 4 starts golf set. As you know this are very expensive and subject to counterfeits. I am not an expert on Honma golf clubs so I was wondering if one of you could help me determine if they are genuine clubs or not. Here are some pictures.

cff8b16cbe7a71a85fdd0142674bcb7876d9c645.jpg

f16a790e7ed55f775660c8a6ef343690dd654ce6.jpg

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

It looks fake as the print on the hosel and the shaft is not as sharp as those I have seen. Additionally, the backside of the club must be 24k gold plated; the colour of gold should not be so dark.

Best option would probably be to message Honma with the same question and pics

22 minutes ago, gregoire56 said:

Best option would probably be to message Honma with the same question and pics

I sent an email to Honma but I don't think I will get an answer very quickly. I know there is some experts on this forum so I just wanted to get some opinions while I am waiting for an official answer.

18 minutes ago, lapinou2518 said:

I sent an email to Honma but I don't think I will get an answer very quickly. I know there is some experts on this forum so I just wanted to get some opinions while I am waiting for an official answer.

ah very good idea. my personal thought is that it's at least possible they're not authentic just based on the serial number from the shaft sticker and the one on the hossel of the iron pictured don't appear to be the same. but not having the clubs in hand I can't tell if they're individually numbered irons, and the number on the sticker actually does match the number on one of the heads, or not. I also can't speak from experience because I've never had a set of these before, just experience with verifying serial numbers to authenticate clubs in general.

good luck with getting  definite answer

The sticker says "Conforming to 201 new croove rules". Seems fake to me with spelling and grammar errors. The way the ferrule meets the hosel does not look too good either.

17 hours ago, bngolfer said:

The sticker says "Conforming to 201 new croove rules". Seems fake to me with spelling and grammar errors. The way the ferrule meets the hosel does not look too good either.

Are you serious! Do you really think a company like Honma would labeled spelling and grammar errors?

It's from China for sure. Guaranteed.

Edited by proswing89

No, I don't think that a company like Honma would allow these mistakes. Hence why I pointed it out. 

What spelling mistake? The label said conforming to the 2010 groove rule and not 201.  Could Anyone confirm grove rule change was in 2010?  I did purchase a set of IS 05 for a friend but it was only 2 stars hence very much less gold on the head.  Quite honestly this set looks real to me.  

Oh you mean the croove vs groove?  

And the "s" in "rules" as I think it should be "rule". But what do I know, I'm Swedish..

6 hours ago, bngolfer said:

And the "s" in "rules" as I think it should be "rule". But what do I know, I'm Swedish..

I've had a quick look on the tinterweb and it does look like Honma includes the "s" for rules rather than rule.

Your English is terrible by the way........???

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

I've had a quick look on the tinterweb and it does look like Honma includes the "s" for rules rather than rule.

Your English is terrible by the way........???

Thanks Ian - I'll put some effort into learning how to master the queens tounge ?.

The "crooves" still strikes me as being wrong and thereby I'm questioning the authenticity of the sticks. 

Since this is the older model (IS-05 now) and 4 stars, I can only find pictures of the left handed model 3 stars on the Honma Japanese site.  The two gold band ferrules look exactly the same.  The site also states 'conforming to 2010 grooves rules' but spell groove correctly.  They did not show the shaft label with 'croove'.  The clubs look real to me.

Edited by Duffer19

I got some Honma TW737V made the other day , these were the stickers on the shafts that i got. 

No grammatical errors, i know they are a Japanese company but you think they wouldn't misspell "Groove" for Croove

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG