supo

deleted

Edited by gregoire56

19 minutes ago, gregoire56 said:

i agree this seems like a great putter head, and it's definitely mint condition.. but if you're selling it unshafted wouldn't it be better to list it a bit cheaper? it's only $48 less than new on TSG which comes as a full club, so if the customer is going to have to buy their own shaft and grip and then pay for professional installation, it'll come out to probably a bit more than they'd pay buying it new from the proshop, plus all the hassle of having to get the other components and have it built. 

the only reason i'm mentioning this is because i'm actually interested in possibly buying it for my dad as a christmas gift. I have no problem with buying a shaft/grip and having my builder put it together, but not for that price for just the head. if i were to do it i'd be looking for a price that'll make it worth putting in the effort to get the rest of the stuff, drop it off to my builder, and wait a week to pick up before I'll even have a putter to give him. for the price that's listed I'd sooner buy from the proshop to 1 receive a brand new club and 2 have it ready to gift immediately upon arrival.

pm me to chat about it if you want 

Maybe you should have pm'd him this info first.....:tsg_smiley_secret:

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

Maybe you should have pm'd him this info first.....:tsg_smiley_secret:

that's fine, I'll remove, wasn't looking to ruffle any feathers, just thought it to be a fair comment in general whether it's me looking or someone else

4 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

Why it’s how it is!

thanks for having my back Dean  

There is no c/s though in the proshop, just the heel shafted mallet if I’m not mistaken. As far as I’m concerned, one may ask whatever price one wants (within the rules of the forum). These days, getting what you want and what you consider fair is not the same as what you will end up getting. 

When it comes to this listing, shipping is a big factor - shafted or head only. I believe that the price of a new putter with shaft will end up adding 40 bucks or so to the price.

The OP can price his possessions how he/she see's fit. If a potential buyer doesn't want to pay that price then haggle via PM.......well that's how I would expect it to go but obviously everyones different. 

gregoire56 - I was with you regarding your first paragraph, but your second paragraph made it personal to you, which is why I thought it all should have been conducted via PM. No feathers ruffled here man, I have no beef with you. Please don't remove.

gregoire56

18 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

The OP can price his possessions how he/she see's fit. If a potential buyer doesn't want to pay that price then haggle via PM.......well that's how I would expect it to go but obviously everyones different. 

gregoire56 - I was with you regarding your first paragraph, but your second paragraph made it personal to you, which is why I thought it all should have been conducted via PM. No feathers ruffled here man, I have no beef with you. Please don't remove.

gregoire56

it's all good, i agree with everything you said, i had just read the post and replied without giving any deeper thought or consideration to this particular aspect. one reason I've always enjoyed this forum so much is because everyone is so friendly and candid with one another, in addition to being extremely knowledgeable. i'd posted the comment without thinking because it wasn't my intention to be combative or rude in any way, i just thought it was a fair point to broach and i happened to be interested. it's "all good in the hood" though, as they say. i removed it and will be more mindful next time i post 

20 hours ago, bngolfer said:

There is no c/s though in the proshop, just the heel shafted mallet if I’m not mistaken. As far as I’m concerned, one may ask whatever price one wants (within the rules of the forum). These days, getting what you want and what you consider fair is not the same as what you will end up getting. 

When it comes to this listing, shipping is a big factor - shafted or head only. I believe that the price of a new putter with shaft will end up adding 40 bucks or so to the price.

you're also correct, the proshop doesn't specifically offer a cs option for that version of the HUGA1, however they do have another version of the HUGA1 which does have the option for either heel-shafted or cs in the drop down menu, and the picture of this version on the Docus website shows a cs not a heel-shafted. so my belief is that if Docus makes it then TSG can still get it, especially since i recall reading somewhere on the site that if there's a Japanese golf product that someone wants but they don't see it listed to let TSG know and they'll still be able to get it. 

in regard to price, you're still 100% correct, the owner has the right to list a product at whatever price they want, that much is obvious. my college senior seminar was about the topic of psychology of consumers and economics, and it is indeed the case that a product's perceived worth is very rarely the same from a seller's perspective as it is from a buyers perspective. my original comment was simply me trying to convey the perspective of the buyer.. that if in comparison to a new club it'll cost me the same or more to buy a used head plus shaft and grip, and then pay for a professional build, from purely a consumer's perspective the new club seems like the more economic choice. from the seller's perspective, ownership increases a product's perceived worth, but it's the exact opposite from a buyer's perspective, if the product has already been owned then it decreases the item's perceived worth

2 hours ago, supo said:

sold

? if you added ”for 250” I would have laughed my head off.

Edited by bngolfer