Hybrid shafts

bngolfer

I have a Tour AD UT-95X in my RC 505v 21*. It is too much shaft for me now that I'm getting older and less fit. I play KBS Tour in S flex, hard stepped in my irons today and I like them, I used a 70 gram stiff Diamana X (and did not get the lift i wanted) last season, and a 75 gram FEX in s/x in my 3-wood. That is on the soft side though.

What would be a good alternative you thing for me? A Tour AD DI-HY 95S or perhaps a KBS Tour Proto hybrid in the same weight/flex? I want a softer but not lighter shaft with more elevation.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, bngolfer said:

I have a Tour AD UT-95X in my RC 505v 21*. It is too much shaft for me now that I'm getting older and less fit. I play KBS Tour in S flex, hard stepped in my irons today and I like them, I used a 70 gram stiff Diamana X (and did not get the lift i wanted) last season, and a 75 gram FEX in s/x in my 3-wood. That is on the soft side though.

What would be a good alternative you thing for me? A Tour AD DI-HY 95S or perhaps a KBS Tour Proto hybrid in the same weight/flex? I want a softer but not lighter shaft with more elevation.

for softer and more elevation but same weight I'd recommend the TourAD HY 95S, little bit higher launch than the TourAD UT and you can go from x to s flex and stay in the 95g range. the TourAD DI Hybrid produces super tight dispersion and very reliable mid launch, but has a stiffer tip than the UT so even though they're both labeled mid launch the DI is a bit lower.

happy to offer my opinion, hope it's helpful!