Sanki Planaria

bngolfer

Hi,

I took my new Sanki Planaria x-curving S63 (thanks Chris!!) to the builder last week to have it installed in my 205 gram Zy-7 head. In the Sanki booklet the S63 is for people swinging 41-50 m/s = 90-111 mph. A huge difference! So, I guess that should have to do with some tipping then and off course, preferences. My ss is about 105 so I would think I needed some tipping. But with a head as heavy as 205 grams the shaft had a cpm of 277, un-tipped! So I will try it with no tipping at all. Will be good fun to see how it performs in the ZY-7.

Has anyone tested these shafts? What are your thoughts?

Edited by bngolfer

1 hour ago, bngolfer said:

Hi,

I took my new Sanki Planaria x-curving S63 (thanks Chris!!) to the builder last week to have it installed in my 205 gram Zy-7 head. In the Sanki booklet the S63 is for people swinging 41-50 m/s = 90-111 mph. A huge difference! So, I guess that should have to do with some tipping then and off course, preferences. My ss is about 105 so I would think I needed some tipping. But with a head as heavy as 205 grams the shaft had a cpm of 277, un-tipped! So I will try it with no tipping at all. Will be good fun to see how it performs in the ZY-7.

Has anyone tested these shafts? What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are..........can't wait to here how it plays! Pictures speak a thousand words. ??

I will get them man. Thing is it is now a UK storm here and to top it up, snowing. Insane weather. 30 cm of snow 90 minutesfrom here today. Spring is like a month and a half delayed (to what I'd like anyway). Come July I'll have some pics ?.

yes.. the bamboo looking one and a purple looking one. no ideaof their model names, but I was very happy with the purple ones performance from memory.

just an aside.

I built a 205 gram head with a 281 cpm  dogatti 6 shaft @ 44.5 a cpl of days back,  fantastic performance.  love it

wasn't  sure about the heavy head but it turns out to be excellent. the extra CPM  gets somewhat negated by the head weight and delivers a pretty straight  flight .  don't think u will be needing to change it much

Edited by supo

Thanks chief!

I'll give it a go when things clear up here. Fantastic looking shaft that shimmers in a multitude of colors.

• 3 months later...

Still at the builder's. Have not bothered to pick it up as I have not been playing. Next week however I'll grab it and even take a swing or two ? And a pic or two.