The Benock Putter Thread!

I wanted to start a single mega thread to explain benock and what makes Okuda-san's putters so special.  This is not the official write up,  we are a few months out on that still but I will be posting pics of some beautiful custom putters so feel free to jump in with any questions you may have.   Compare them to the very best and expect them to beat it.

Every Benock putter can be different based on the needs of the player,  many of the shapes are one-offs.  

DSC05546-Edit.png

Pleaase sir, may I have some more?

A couple more angles,  In this situation it seems the customer needed the neck more forward and moved closer to the toe side.   Also I see they needed extra weight on the toe side so they heightened  to a sharper point.   The fitting likely determined this along with the neck height and angle.  This putter also has a sole angle so it sits flat without closing at address if grounded.

DSC05548-Edit.png

DSC05550.png

DSC05554-Edit.png

Yes now you can.  please email me.

I know your going to like the JSS option.  It actually stands for JUN's stainless steel after the owner of benock Jun Okuda-san,  but anyway this is technically SUS316L which is an upgrade over standard JIS 303 which is already equal to Scotty's GSS btw.

You can take one of any Benock design and select options or even actual design changes.  This way will be the most popular choice at 1k -5k, or you can go full fresh design of your dreams starting at 5k up to 10k.   

I can sell now but the full announcement is a couple of months out.   We are putting together options lists and ordering guide/process because the freedom of design with these are immense. 

Below a mallet i must have.  

DSC05685.png

17799405_1500470366651423_8705716364737587621_n.jpg

Just a few of the sole options.  I like the bottom right myself.  We can even do custom sole designs.   The quality is second to none.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:03 AM, 604_skyline said:

Chris,

Are  you able to  post the face milling options with quick descriptions? I think there are 10 different ones, some help get the ball rolling better, correct?

I have pics and will post when we announce.  We can also request custom face milling.

Ive spent a day and a half learning their stuff some are face inserts are softer some roll straighter some provide more feel.   After testing these I realize I cant just have one.

A lot more info to come.

DSC05602.jpg

16 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

There is no hand polishing done on this head!  Smooth CNC.

DSC05583-Edit-2.png

You're joking! Beautiful. 

Wow, that looks totally organic and hand polished...  

Question now is .. will CNC completely replace hand grind and polishing? 

On 5/5/2017 at 11:22 AM, nobmontana said:

Wow, that looks totally organic and hand polished...  

Question now is .. will CNC completely replace hand grind and polishing? 

I think full CNC is too expensive, today brands CNC just parts of the head to keep costs in check.  It started with the back face,  then face milling, and now sole grinds are being milled.  The extreme end of this would be the fully milled SEVEN CB and MCB how the hosel, neck and entire shape is milled.

Benock is the worlds best putter maker.  His capabilities are far beyond anyone else.  He can create or edit cad for each customer and makes every putter bespoke.  His machines,  software, and technology is beyond as well.  

DSC05782-Edit-2.png

God we're all so sick on this forum. I love it.

The Bullseye flange made right. So pretty. I wish I could make a put over two feet with is. 

27 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

The Bullseye flange made right. So pretty. I wish I could make a put over two feet with is. 

Ain't that the truth!

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the neck on this one!  beautiful shape.  Other putter companies don't have the ability to create a unique cad design to match the players needs.  

DSC05509-Edit.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a Model "SEVEN" I just picked up used. I find no reference of it on the Benock website. Must be an older model. Can hardly wait for it to arrive, My MZ-07 is misbehaving so this old Ben wAs brought in for competition. 

It would be so cool if Nobsan gets into Benock for a fitting while he is in Japan.

Benock.jpg

Benock1.jpg

Benock2.jpg

Benock3.jpg

Only thing... if this putter makes it as a starter I'll have to change my moniker to SETSUO. Must have been the previous owners name. Don't suppose Benock could change the engraving to cuistot.

Benock4.jpg

Edited by cuistot