The Benock Putter Thread!

56 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Would you like me to get more info on this for you?

Yes..any info would be very interesting and thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, cuistot said:

Brought this to the course today and can only say WOW.. I'm a "Benock Fan Boy"  Best club I ever bought.

Ball striking w/ irons was off.. First time in a very long time I played Stew's old PRGR TR500 w/ Monacco S. No worries putter came to the rescue even took pressure off the wedge play so then I started chipping up for tap ins and holed out from off the green twice.

Putter length @33.25 is taking some adjustment but I'm loath to change anything. I've been studying Andrisani book "Hogan on the Green" changing my putting stroke. I've had mixed results with old gamer MZ-07 and a heaver MB-05 a Ping CrazE, and a Ping Redwood Piper (SUS303) but putting fell right into place with the Benock Mallet. Ben GSS is softer probably due to the face milling. Today golf ball could die in the cup front and on both sides even got one in the back door. hitting off center, heel and toe on various breaking puts. I'm trying and making all different kinds of putts. Starting to see that "line" you know the path to the hole befor you strike the ball. Really make a difference when you get such a confidence boost... Boy today was fun. Cant recommend enough this level of quality.. Warren

a

Cuistot,  Just got back from Japan. 

I am really glad to hear you found a Benock putter that works well for you.     

Thanks to Chris,  I had the opportunity to do a full on fitting session at Benock Tokyo.   

What an experience!!   As I understand, normally,  the fitting takes about 45 minutes to complete ... but I was having such a blast , I think I was there for more than 2 hours!   The gentleman that did the fitting for me was super knowledgeable and was able to answer every technical question I had about putters and putting strokes.    I really enjoy doing fittings with "real" experts like him who actually know what they are doing and know what they are talking about.    In any case,  now that I know my complete putter specs, I need to reach out to TSG to put an order in!  :)    

BTW, I will be doing a detailed write up on my fitting experience in a few days.    Stay tuned!! 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, nobmontana said:

Cuistot,  Just got back from Japan. 

I am really glad to hear you found a Benock putter that works well for you.     

Thanks to Chris,  I had the opportunity to do a full on fitting session at Benock Tokyo.   

What an experience!!   As I understand, normally,  the fitting takes about 45 minutes to complete ... but I was having such a blast , I think I was there for more than 2 hours!   The gentleman that did the fitting for me was super knowledgeable and was able to answer every technical question I had about putters and putting strokes.    I really enjoy doing fittings with "real" experts like him who actually know what they are doing and know what they are talking about.    In any case,  now that I know my complete putter specs, I need to reach out to TSG to put an order in!  :)    

BTW, I will be doing a detailed write up on my fitting experience in a few days.    Stay tuned!! 

I'd like to hear all about it! Sitting on the edge of my chair here..  Thing I'm liking about the mallet is I believe the face sets up square. All I have to do is pull the head straight back on the count of one...... straight thru on the count of two, blink then turn my head watch the ball roll to the target. 

The putters weight and mass along with what seems like a more shallow loft allows me to give the golf ball a little pop. Just got to remember to keep putter face low on the follow thru and let it glide double the distance from the backswing  ... So on a putt when I've got that face square to target, the clouds part, the flowers bloom and the birds sing until I hear "clink" balls in the hole. God I love that..

Putts over 15' are not so automatic but I'm seeing promise. The MZ-7 is a fine putter but I'm not getting that center strike feel from the golf ball. Probably something about the putting stroke where I'm having to manipulate the clubface rather than using the natural putt stroke,

To me a putter fitting at Benock is liken to getting in to see the wizard of OZ. Hope you got that putter on order soon cause it will be really interesting for me to see the after effect to your putting stroke.

On 7/15/2017 at 5:13 PM, 604_skyline said:

Chris,

can you get some info on this as well...

Anything you want and you can even create your own options.   It gets pricey but no one can touch Benock.

Pics of the prototype SEVEN X BENOCK putters.  

We are a couple months out from releasing the final models.  All of which will be mallets! 

Benock-Putters-Japan5.jpg

Benock-Putters-Japan2.jpg

Benock-Putters-Japan4.jpg

Benock-Putters-Japan3.jpg

How exciting! 

Can't wait to see my baby! Unreal like you said Chris.