Chinese Casting Video

I probably speak for all TSG'ers when I say THANK YOU!!

indeed!  mind you Ping do a decent job getting their irons to feel as good as they do when you consider the manufacturing process.

2 hours ago, dickyfowler said:

indeed!  mind you Ping do a decent job getting their irons to feel as good as they do when you consider the manufacturing process.

Gotta agree,  Pings are no joke,  performance is great,  their drivers are awesome.  It just doesn't feel good watching this.

That music is outrageous! Haha.

BTW, does anyone come out of these facilities/plants with good health? The amount of exposure to chemicals is astounding! 

What's wrong with the casting process? This is the way they do casting and manufactory quality from China is getting better.  Mjr. D, I assume you were not raised or worked in the manufacturing environment.  

No, no I was not. Were you?

I think Ping is my favorite USDM brand.   Their woods are probably the most forgiving on the market. 

I have owned several irons as well.   Anser forged was not bad...   I have a set of i10 irons in Japan for when I visit family. 

I have several friends high up at Ping and got to play Tour hand-me-downs for years so it's hard for me to knock them but I was disappointed when they moved manufacturing from our local Phoenix are to China. Even more disappointed that in the beginning of their move you could buy knock-offs before the actual Ping product was available! They were one of the last hold outs to make that move so I do respect them for that. Their equipment has always lead the market, sometimes before the market was even ready for it. They were the first out with the adjustable hosel in their drivers and woods about 15yrs ago and had to abandon it because people thought it was a gimmick. They were also the last to go to titanium because the technology hadn't yet offered enough performance advantage over wood. And their castings do feel pretty darned good, even to a golf snob like me...

Edited by chiromikey

13 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

No, no I was not. Were you?

Actually I was as my father started a metal factory together with my grandfather back in the 20's in China and later in HK in the 30th.  Worked in the company machine shop during summers when I was 16 and later a college summer job at a Silverware forging company at Worcester, Mass.  MIC is not longer shabby workmanship of years ago (some are of course like everywhere else). I am old enough to remember that Japanese goods were laughed at and shunned a long time ago.