The New SEVEN MCB

Testing these bad boyz.

My initial thoughts on the Seven iron's. I would have to say the Seven Cb is probably one of the best looking clubs out there on the market, very modern and transformish in a great way, kinda makes my Epon Tour Cb look dated.   Was surprise how great they look in the flesh, definitely a work of art you can hang on the wall.   The milling marks and the attention to detail is what makes these irons so special in person, you can see  how each club is precisely milled, definitely puts them on a class on their own look wise.   I wont get into comparison about the size compare to the Epon, as Mikey as address them and he was pretty spot on.   The Seven CB felt great but was hooking them with a lower ball flight compare to my AF Tour cb. In terms of forgiveness I would say they are  both comparable, slight edge to the Epon but that could be because I am more comfortable with the Epons.   Overall very easy to hit and definitely great to look at up close.  Between the two Seven iron's, I would have to say the MCB were wonderful, very easy to hit,  point and shoot.  With the MCB, the ball flight keeps on climbing, if you play fast greens, these irons can help you stop the ball quicker with its high ball flight.   The forgiveness  of the MCB's are amazing,  even if you put a bad swing, the ball goes with a little loss of distance, I was quite surprise by this.  If you are a GI player and have own the Onoff, these's are very similar but more forgiving.  Chris has created something special with the MCB, they are a tad bit bigger from the top view but these irons can help you score if you dont mind the little thickness.   I would say Onoff's feel softer then the MCB but the MCB's are easier to hit between the two.    If I was to buy irons base and looks alone, the Seven Cb's  would win hands down.  If you are looking for forgiveness and irons to shoot your best score, look no further, the MCB's are the clubs I would buy.  

Chris, thank you for giving me the opportunity to test these, great clubs and I have a feeling the MCB's will be a mega hit.

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

Edited by vanla01

Thank you,  can you go a little more into what shaft was installed vs what you usually play?

Also how many rounds you have had to get used to them?

--

There is a simple reason why Epon shapes look dated while other brands continue to evolve including brands made at Endo.  It is because Epon has never invested in producing a new mold and they continue to adjust and use others older ones.  

On 6/25/2017 at 8:39 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Thank you,  can you go a little more into what shaft was installed vs what you usually play?

Also how many rounds you have had to get used to them?

--

There is a simple reason why Epon shapes look dated while other brands continue to evolve including brands made at Endo.  It is because Epon has never invested in producing a new mold and they continue to adjust and use others older ones.  

Chris,

The seven Cb's have the Dg200 shafts  and the MCb has the modus shaft, I am currently playing with the modus shafts in the Epon.  I only got to hit them on a par 3 and par5 besides the range session.

My Epons have the identical Modus shaft as the MCB. And like I mentioned, the MCB shut them down (up) from the first hit. But count me unusual -- Epons have never really done it for me. Even those P2's I copper finished. 

I also compared the MCB to what I considered the finest CB I've ever had the pleasure to own -- the original A-Grind R1 with OTi's in it, which I'm still keeping. Again, the MCB. 

My set shipping soon, Chris?  July 4th awaits... 

On 6/26/2017 at 8:37 PM, RLL33 said:

My Epons have the identical Modus shaft as the MCB. And like I mentioned, the MCB shut them down (up) from the first hit. But count me unusual -- Epons have never really done it for me. Even those P2's I copper finished. 

I also compared the MCB to what I considered the finest CB I've ever had the pleasure to own -- the original A-Grind R1 with OTi's in it, which I'm still keeping. Again, the MCB. 

My set shipping soon, Chris?  July 4th awaits... 

Thank you,  it shipped today!  You will get tracking shortly.

Fantastic! Thank you! Look forward to doing a more thorough review of the whole set.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the demos now.  Beautiful. Unlike any irons I've seen. Nothing more to add here. These reek of quality... not unlike my farts.

My initial carpet tests against an ottoman yesterday were VERY positive. Tonight I hit them off some s**tty turf in my garage. Very echoey sound which also affects feel. I'm not the greatest ball striker in the world (thin) but the ones I did pure were extremely unique. Two things stood out: These feel like nothing I've hit. It's almost a dense spring. Not sea sponge like Epon, not cottage cheese with chives like Mizuno, not unmelted candle wax like Miura. These are like rubber on the rocks. Hard to explain but very satisfying. The ball definitely sticks to the face longer than any iron i've hit, or at least it feels that way. Off center hits are indeed softer than other irons, too.

I'm going to take them to the range this week for further evaluation. So far I'm really impressed! Thanks Chris. 

12 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

I have the demos now.  Beautiful. Unlike any irons I've seen. Nothing more to add here. These reek of quality... not unlike my farts.

My initial carpet tests against an ottoman yesterday were VERY positive. Tonight I hit them off some s**tty turf in my garage. Very echoey sound which also affects feel. I'm not the greatest ball striker in the world (thin) but the ones I did pure were extremely unique. Two things stood out: These feel like nothing I've hit. It's almost a dense spring. Not sea sponge like Epon, not cottage cheese with chives like Mizuno, not unmelted candle wax like Miura. These are like rubber on the rocks. Hard to explain but very satisfying. The ball definitely sticks to the face longer than any iron i've hit, or at least it feels that way. Off center hits are indeed softer than other irons, too.

I'm going to take them to the range this week for further evaluation. So far I'm really impressed! Thanks Chris. 

I am going to take all of your phrases to describe golf clubs from now on!

- not unlike my farts
- dense spring
- sea sponge
- cottage cheese with chives
- unmelted candle wax
- rubber on the rocks

I love it thanks! Expect a royalty check for use of your IP.

Hahah! Plenty more where that came from!

And sounds good to me, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got 6i sample of this Seven CB and MCB to try. Great experience of mine

Before getting it, I was not sure about the look of the CB. In fresh, the CB looks much better than in the photo while the MCB looks as great. The finish is great and looks expensive and seems to be very durable. IMO, the default finish is the best and I'd order this finish even if I were in Korea or US

One head came with S200 and the other came with Modus3. These shafts are way too heavy and stiff for me as my driver HS is just 87MPH, so I immediately changed it to MCI60R. Comparing with my 2013 Yamaha Tour, Epon AF-Tour CB, and Baldo 8C (Recoil 760ES and MCI60R shafts) which give me a bit hook or straight shots - both of the Seven produced weak slice or push shots for me. Ok, so I changed the shaft in both Seven to MCI Black60R. The result was about the same. I believed my slow swing couldn't produce great shots from Seven heads

After that, I changed the shafts in Seven back to S200/Modus preparing to ship it to next member. Went to the driving range with all the clubs and tried the Seven 1 last time and WOW!! The Seven heads came to live.

Both Seven clubs produced straight shots with as longest distance as any irons I've tried

Most of you must like this - the Seven heads produced more penetrating shots than my gamers mentioned above. This is also true even when the Seven were shafted with MCI60

**Sound/Feel: this is the best thing of these heads IMO. The impact sound was like that of rocket launching sound - sonic BOOOM. I felt as the ball stick on the face fraction of second longer

Forgiveness: the MCB is a bit more forgiveness, but both heads are considered forgiving ones

In summary, if you're considering buying another set of iron, I don't see why you don't consider either of these Seven heads in your short list. I don't think those who buy it will sell it so don't hope to see it in BST.

Thanks Chris for letting me try these great heads

Mark

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

Sorry to thread jack but those Yamaha's look stunning.......

6 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Wow!  those two demo clubs are travelling around the world now!!  So cool!

We once "kidnapped" a garden gnome and took it on the golf tour, taking photos of the various locations where we played and the people we met. We sent the photos to the address where we kidnapped the gnome. The gnome was returned safely at the end of the tour.

Maybe we should take photos of the Seven demo clubs in the various locations in which they land.

• 3 weeks later...

Reach out again guys.  

We have a demos in Malaysia that will be done in about a month.  no one after that has dibs.