Yonex ezone MB (Chiba grind)

bngolfer

I have had a set of these for about a year. Shafted them with Crazy Tour Targets, got Masda Slicks on them and put them in the closet - never hit them. Got a glimps of them the other day and pulled them out. My oh my they are beautiful. Pretty close to perfection.

Took them to the range with a busted left thumb but just had to take a couple of swings with them. I have not hit a ball since August and here I'm looking down on a blade 6 iron and I feel, comfortable. Weird. I hit 10 balls before I got to sore. I caught two or three of them thin, and the others were flushed. What an amazing feel they have too. A little feedback (thankfully) but mostly just pure softness.

These are going in my bag. It may not be for scoring but who cares. They will make me feel like a player and that is worth a lot to a "has been". Can't believe I forgot how beautiful they are. After a few rounds with these, going back to cb's will not be fair..

I know Stew has played these. Anyone else have an opinion on them for looks, feel and playability?

I played them for a while.   I had Modus 120 in them ....  Splendid set of blades those things!! 

They definitely need to be included in the "MB Hall of Fame!!"   

They are a great iron no doubt and I don't blame you for wanting those in the bag!

7 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I played them for a while.   I had Modus 120 in them ....  Splendid set of blades those things!! 

They definitely need to be included in the "MB Hall of Fame!!"   

Ok, the MB Hall of Fame. Shall we create it? Random order - here are some of my picks, based on playability, looks, feel and craftsmanship - not looks alone.

-Yonex Chiba MB (limited experience thus far but very promising)

-Epon P2

-Mizuno TP-9

-Mizuno MP-14

-Honma PP-717 

Have not playedthem but they may enter the HoF of looks alone ?

Nob, sweet... what is it?

That was a collaboration model between Golf Digest Japan and Kyoei.   Simple & Pure!!  

31 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

That was a collaboration model between Golf Digest Japan and Kyoei.   Simple & Pure!!  

http://www.g-pocket.jp/shopdetail/000000000674/

Its the KCM head.  Do you guys want this?

Many brands use this same head,  this one just doesn't have a logo.

I don't want it now but I really like the minimalist aesthetic a lot

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, bngolfer said:

Ok, the MB Hall of Fame. Shall we create it? Random order - here are some of my picks, based on playability, looks, feel and craftsmanship - not looks alone.

-Yonex Chiba MB (limited experience thus far but very promising)

-Epon P2

-Mizuno TP-9

-Mizuno MP-14

-Honma PP-717 

epon p2   no way  in my book, same as all the personals . .

my thoughts top of  head

miuraism sb 01

epon  af tour

tourstage  mb us blade

mizuno tn 87

honma  pp 737

and if these rtuen out ok with  new shafts.. the Yamaha sx 25. shape and feel  from the  centre is great but the r400 dg from 1980s leave some room for improvement, to say the least!!!!! 

the 7 iron at 447 gram is 20 grams   compared to  the ns DPs that im trying out this week. THAT  shud make these pretty sweet!!

Edited by supo

I played the P2's a few rounds and they were just so easy to hit and they are well made.