Gravity Gyelin Putters - From the parent co of Waccine Compo

waccine-putters-main.jpg

Gravity Golf has captured success in the distance shaft market.   Harada-san realizes the game of golf is not just about big drives but the fun is in the scoring.   Naturally, the next step they want to take was to develop a game changing putter!    As seasoned golfers stack up the years,  a common problem that most players will face is loss of distance on shots that require youthful power and physical flexibility. Full swing shots are no longer their strengths,  and when it comes to putting,  they lose the delicate smoothness and touch in their strokes. There is no right or wrong in putting styles.   Even Tour players are spread out in a broad spectrum of putting styles.  Thus,  there are endless new putter introduced in the market year after year.   A unique design is essential for survival in this competitive putter market.   Click read more to continue…

Gravity Golf’s President Harada-san knew that if he were to introduce a putter, the design had to be radical and innovative.   Ironically,  the majority of putters today are still designed after a toe-heel balance concept.   The most basic putter using this concept is the “Cash In Putter”     Harada-san eyed on the  “Acushnet Bullseye” putter design.    The CG is located on the shaft line which enables the most efficient energy transfer at impact.   Only a small stroke is needed to roll the ball a certain distance.

waccine-6s-silver-putter.jpg

Harada-san was after a center shafted, toe-heel balanced head with a feel that is unique to a center shafted putter and of course it needed to be a blade! However,  a center shafted putter with a toe-heel balance naturally has a rather large angular face movement.    Which means that if you miss the sweet spot,  distance and accuracy will significantly be sacrificed.   To move forward with this design, he knew that he also had to overcome this major hurdle.

waccine-4su-putter.jpg

For seasoned golfers,  a problem they face in their putting stroke is that their hands don’t move as smooth as they used to.   It’s a painful fate of aging that they cannot overcome.   By incorporating a bent neck center shaft,   Harada-san thought he could solve this problem.   “I probably bent around 30 shafts to experiment.   10 with the help of Shimada shafts and the other 20 were bent in my garage! ”    ” My family got really annoyed after a while … :) ”       He ultimately settled on a 4 bend point shaft design.  As Harada-san was testing the shaft using a Mallet head,   former Tour Pro Hidemichi Tanaka provided guidance telling him that a bent center shaft would not work well with a large mallet because the CG is too far behind the shaft. Roll will be compromised.    Harada-san decides to design a head that works with his 4 bend shaft.

waccine-6s-gold-putter.jpg

The head design they came up with was a ” six plane symmetry” design.    Top plane vs sole,  face vs back face, toe vs heel are all symmetrical. Here the Gyelin Putter was born!    Six plane symmetry head,  center shafted using a 4 bend shaft.  Though the functional objectives were met,  Harada-san wanted to make sure that the users of this putter will be overwhelmingly happy with it. He felt that the sound at impact was going to be equally important for a putter to feel good.  They created a resonator gap between the face plate and the body to create a resonating sound.  The resonator gap dimensions were adjusted to simulate the sound of the legendary Ping 1-A putter.

Gyelin Putter heads come in two sizes.   A thin bladed design called the “Gyelin 4S” and the wider mallet profile “Gyelin 6S”   A Limited Edition Gold IP face version is the “GRY10.” The “GRY20” uses a silver plated face.  Then there is a head only version only available thru their certified fitting studios in a Satin finish called “GRY30. ”   Users can choose between a goose neck bend and a reverse goose neck bend.

These are gonna have to sink in for a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing some top pics...

I like the silver mallet. 

16 hours ago, Bravo36 said:

Don't hold a candle to the Sevens

The Sevens have room to improve.   Im working on that this year.

I've seen (and gamed..) a lot of weird looking putters in my day but these are "an acquired taste". The STX Sync Tour was the same, but I liked it after a while. It's a thing you have to try when nothing else works. It I get the yips again, this may be the answer.

putting will be the one part of the game that befuddles most of us forever, including the pros, and we've sure seen some interesting designs over the years - all promising the dream result we crave.  One thing that worked for me recently was to tilt my putter so the toe is up and I get to strike the ball just below the equator, which I'm finding really gives it a good and consistent roll. However not many putters are actually designed for that type of stroke - I'd like to find one.  Using 'normal' putters with this idea has the issue of sometimes having the heel contacting the turf more than is ideal.  Watching the pros it seems the grips they go to are more varied these days than the designs?

15 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

The Sevens have room to improve.   Im working on that this year.

I'm little surprise, and disappointed to read that,'ve got one of your putter,Gold's modified, that, i think when i buy it, was one of the better putter i can have on the market...and now i read that your feeling about your putters is :"there have a room to improve"....ca you explain Chris please?

I would assume that there is always room to improve. See the Benock thread for instance.

4 hours ago, bngolfer said:

I would assume that there is always room to improve. See the Benock thread for instance.

For sure but when you buy a putter more than 2K...you expect that you have something special and almost the best in putter world...
no offense here, just more information ;)

And I'm certain it is one of the best made putters you will ever find.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:14 AM, Rougespringer91 said:

I'm little surprise, and disappointed to read that,'ve got one of your putter,Gold's modified, that, i think when i buy it, was one of the better putter i can have on the market...and now i read that your feeling about your putters is :"there have a room to improve"....ca you explain Chris please?

Golf gear is my passion,  I share my opinions openly for the day I can't this will no longer be enjoyable work for me.

Every product can be improved.  Exactly as Bngolfer says look at the Benock thread,  he just takes it to a whole other level.  No one can compare. 

Also there is no best to everyone.   I am working hard to bring the rest of SEVEN to the same standard as the new CB and MCB.  That includes putters etc..

Rouge, your putter is absolutely bonkers.  I hope its the best to you and it is absolutely one of the best to me.  The head is made in Japan by Kitada while the modifications by golds factory,  It is one of our true prototype heads I believe. 

Thank for answering Chris again,i'm very happy with all the stuff i buy on your site, just need a little explanation ;)

4 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Anyway yes on these putters we have putters coming in for photos and testing.

Any old school blades? :)

had a putt with the thinnest one of these indoors  today.

well........, it was , unique springs to mind.

feel is something ive not felt previous, kind of a  super dense   "ting" .

actually it was kind of nice really but the look of it,
" A face ONLY  a mother cud love " resonates .

cudnt  work it out  if  it was massively onset or it was  a left handed putter.!

so I hit it both ways ,  def felt like it was a lefty but I wasn't  sure!!!

the shaft was one of those double bend things . weight was great , balance was great.

feel was great.

looks are  just a little disconcerting tho.

Edited by supo

If a lefty can use, I'll definitely seriously check it out...

• 2 weeks later...