Anyone have any knowledge about DERAMAX Shafts??

bankbank

As stated in the title. Apparently all the rage with clubfitters here in BKK. I guess they are one of those companies where retailers can get them for cheap? 60000 yen per pop

1 hour ago, bankbank said:

As stated in the title. Apparently all the rage with clubfitters here in BKK. I guess they are one of those companies where retailers can get them for cheap? 60000 yen per pop

DERAMAX likely found a dealer in Thailand who got some buzz going but they are not considered hot anywhere else including Japan.  When shopping for expensive shafts look at what they are made out of,  is anything proprietary?, who makes it, etc..  In the case of DERAMAX.  Its 4-Axis with graphite cloth based so its not what we consider advanced.  Can it fit the player?  Sure!  Is it better than everything else,  not even close.

thats what i thought. not saying that its bad, since i never tried. but i think i will stick with with a fujikura evo iii

a lot of the well known fitters here that i have talked to have nothing bad to say about these shafts, and they do promote it heavily. i wonder what margins they are getting.. i agree 100% of what you were trying to say in the previous post about itobori pricing. there was this one shop who is was marketing itobori like crazy. and buyers rushed in. as always, thanks for the insight

The shaft game is out of control. There used to be a handful of brands you could count on for solid, consistent technology and performance. Now there's a new shaft company every week promising a breakthrough. It's not even fun anymore. It's stupid. 

and just read about another new one - or at least one I've not seen before - called TPT (thin ply technology).

The technology, now present in for the first time in a line of golf shafts, was originally used in sailing masts for the America's Cup. Its invention took TPT from an unknown to an 80% market share leader in just four years (2003-2007).

From there, the technology expanded to F-1 series race cars, skis, snowboards, and satellites. Recently the company entered the golf equipment realm.

Yep. Exactly my point. Soon someone will claim they have alien technology from secret gov't UFO research. "AREA 51 GOLF SHAFTS!". Unreal.

Next comes the "Wanker Technology"... the shaft gets progressively longer as swing gets more aggressive 

I have a Deramax Carbon/Boron shaft in my Benock and it feels and rolls great. If it works and I score better - I don't care where it comes from!!!!

6 hours ago, bankbank said:

Next comes the "Wanker Technology"... the shaft gets progressively longer as swing gets more aggressive 

Hahahahahaha