Callaway JDM Tour Issue Contact?

Hi folks!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all and their loved ones.

Long term lurker here, been branching into JDM the past few years. And love Callaway TC Serial products too.

So. Long story short, I'm looking for a Callaway Epic STAR 10.5° with (Tour Issue) TC Serial!!!!

I presently own 10+ TC Stamped Tour Issue Callaway Drivers, Fairways and Hybrids. I've been fortunate enough to make a couple contacts and we've done a good bit of business over the years. BUT I want the JDM Callaway Epic STAR with a TC Serial. I don't have any contacts in Japan, so, so far my results have been lackluster.

My question to you, the TSG Forum, is ...

Does anyone have a JDM Callaway Tour Issue connection? 

I understand this could be a sensitive subject, so if you prefer to PM/DM me, feel more than welcome.

TSG, I thank you for your time and consideration!!! Please have an outstanding Memorial Day Holiday Weekend!!!

THANK YOU!!!

-J.P.

Anybody?

... Anything? ...

PLEASE help!

-J.P.

i think your best bet would be to use Chris as a go-between to get any Callaway Japan tour issue equipment as opposed to asking for a referral, i highly doubt anyone in that position at Callaway would want their contact info given out on a website forum. just send Chris a message asking if he has the ability to acquire that stuff. i'm sure he'd have the means as much, if not more so, than anyone else you'll find 

I know I don't.  I do know the guy who is doing welding and grinding for Callaways most specific tour players but would never pass that on.  Nor do I think his work is anything special.  

What are the benefits of tour issue clubs?  What does a TC serial do for you?

Sorry to slam tour issue clubs but your getting a club designed for less than 1% of golfers, Its also designed for another player.  I can tell you that whats done in tour vans even on the PGA tour is nothing special.  No magic or gimmick they are just install centers on wheels who build your clubs fast.  Ask the guys in there about how the clubs are actually manufactured or materials or new tech or brands...  lost.

Wouldn't it be better to choose your head weight,  face angle,  lie,  COR, paint, etc..  for yourself?  

Imo tour issue is a small side market to purchase clubs that have more open faces,  heavier heads,  or designed for the players on tour.

And you can get the heavier heads, the open faces and the grinds you prefer by getting some JDM goodness made for you.

But, I too find it fun to have tour issuegear at times. I've had circle t's, hand grinded Vokeys, hand made Eddie Vadersen Snake eyes wedges and a lot more from the main brands and from small studios like Tad Moore. It is kind of fun knowing you have wedges made for such and such but they are no better or more special than stuff made for you. When i found JDM 10 years ago (20 if you count Honma) I cared less about tour issue and more about "me issued".

10 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I know I don't.  I do know the guy who is doing welding and grinding for Callaways most specific tour players but would never pass that on.  Nor do I think his work is anything special.  

What are the benefits of tour issue clubs?  What does a TC serial do for you?

Sorry to slam tour issue clubs but your getting a club designed for less than 1% of golfers, Its also designed for another player.  I can tell you that whats done in tour vans even on the PGA tour is nothing special.  No magic or gimmick they are just install centers on wheels who build your clubs fast.  Ask the guys in there about how the clubs are actually manufactured or materials or new tech or brands...  lost.

Wouldn't it be better to choose your head weight,  face angle,  lie,  COR, paint, etc..  for yourself?  

Imo tour issue is a small side market to purchase clubs that have more open faces,  heavier heads,  or designed for the players on tour.

Wow! ... That's how the guy that runs the place responds to a member's quest for guidance?

What does a Tour Club bring to the table? Consistent specs and a more realistic headweight for a guy that plays his Driver at 43.50". Also it's reassuring to know your head falls within the limitations of COR during Professional Play. 

"Wouldn't it be better to choose your head weight,  face angle,  lie,  COR, paint, etc..  for yourself?"

... Ummm. I've never met anyone that would look at a Builder and say, "Yes, I'd like the .79 COR Driver, please. I know the limitation is higher, but I'll have the .79." .... C'mon man, get real, I'd like to think higher of the guy that runs the place. Face Angle can be bent to spec by any competent Builder. And for your information, I don't need tricked out, custom colors on my woods. I'm quite traditional. Hence my search for a bonded hosel Driver. 

And for the record, my gamer Driver is JDM. Both my iron sets are built to spec JDM. My wedges are hand ground to spec JDM. And my three putters are JDM. 

To sand bag me for a simple contact request was uncalled-for. Hell, you could have even played 'middle-man' rather than give up your contact.

Guess I won't be sticking around this place too long.

All the bests to you!

9 hours ago, bngolfer said:

And you can get the heavier heads, the open faces and the grinds you prefer by getting some JDM goodness made for you.

But, I too find it fun to have tour issuegear at times. I've had circle t's, hand grinded Vokeys, hand made Eddie Vadersen Snake eyes wedges and a lot more from the main brands and from small studios like Tad Moore. It is kind of fun knowing you have wedges made for such and such but they are no better or more special than stuff made for you. When i found JDM 10 years ago (20 if you count Honma) I cared less about tour issue and more about "me issued".

Thanks for the response, brother!

I game A-Grind and Miura. I'm on Team JDM. 10 of my 14 gamers are JDM. Plus a few too many backups! Lol!

Authentic TC Callaway products are definitely cool (...and a bit superior too, but shhhhhhh, don't say that too loud, some can't seem to accept that)!

Hit'em well, my friend!

14 hours ago, RaidersGolf99 said:

Wow! ... That's how the guy that runs the place responds to a member's quest for guidance?

What does a Tour Club bring to the table? Consistent specs and a more realistic headweight for a guy that plays his Driver at 43.50". Also it's reassuring to know your head falls within the limitations of COR during Professional Play. 

"Wouldn't it be better to choose your head weight,  face angle,  lie,  COR, paint, etc..  for yourself?"

... Ummm. I've never met anyone that would look at a Builder and say, "Yes, I'd like the .79 COR Driver, please. I know the limitation is higher, but I'll have the .79." .... C'mon man, get real, I'd like to think higher of the guy that runs the place. Face Angle can be bent to spec by any competent Builder. And for your information, I don't need tricked out, custom colors on my woods. I'm quite traditional. Hence my search for a bonded hosel Driver. 

And for the record, my gamer Driver is JDM. Both my iron sets are built to spec JDM. My wedges are hand ground to spec JDM. And my three putters are JDM. 

To sand bag me for a simple contact request was uncalled-for. Hell, you could have even played 'middle-man' rather than give up your contact.

Guess I won't be sticking around this place too long.

All the bests to you!

Welcome to TSG and goodbye at the same time then. 

You are a sensitive fella because that was the lightest of rants.  

- Yes we can have a driver made to exactly .79 or whatever you want.

- Incorrect that any competent builder can bend drivers face angles,  unless it is one of the few with a long hosel and they have the proper jig.

Tour Issue has the edge in 205-210 gram heads.

didn't sound like a rant to me... but i agree with bngolfer, in that they are 'fun' to own, but they are nothing special, just built to spec of a particular pro on tour, heavier head weight or not. i know a lot of folks who cant't break 90 but demand that their driver be 10.7°