New Ryoma FW vs Old one

smstef

Hi all 

Played today for the first time my new ryoma F3 and F5 2017 with the beyond power shaft , and I compared as much as I could with my former ryoma D1-F3 on SR stockshaft .

The look : took them in black , really nice looking head you have the feeling they're bit smaller than the former one

Distance : that's my problem, is it coming from the shaft or from the head but my newF5 is doing the same distance as my old f3, and the new F3 is even longer 

The shaft : one of the best shaft I've ever had , the beyond power is definitely a top shaft 

Forgiveness :definitely an easy club , even miss it went straight , this club is giving you so much confidence .

The sound : and for the end , the sound at the impact , like a gun shot , you just love to hear it !

At the beginning i had a really high launch , but gripping one inch shorter , i went back to a normal flight. 

So yes , this is the best FWs I've tried and they definitely will stay in the bag . 

Stéphane 

I'd like to put the new F2 up against my Tourstage X-FW Type T. The old F2 was easier to hit but I didn't like the higher trajectory or sound and it certainly didn't have the feel of the Tourstage.

I would say that the sound of the new fairway woods are much better than the old ones. The old " shotgun "  sound was very loud and would literally turn heads on the driving range. My instructor, when I first used it in front of him thought I had broken my club. The sound of the new clubs is definitely still that shotgun sound but more refined.  It doesn't quite turn as many heads but is a much nicer and more addicting sound. 

I love that sound actually  , in  high tree amphitheater  holes it  sounds  great..

for a deck shot  I love the ryoma  bette than everything , even the original egg but I baulk at a tee shot with it  bec it only  needs the tiniest tee, if at all.

others take  that role much better but a fairway drive.. the ryomas my  go to