Does anyone know anything about these Miura irons?

hibcam

I just saw these for sale but they do not have any markings or model number  does anyone know what they are and what they are worth?

IMG_3914.JPG

Edited by hibcam
Add pic

Yes it is CB-1005 with custom grind and stamping.   I used to own a set very similar that TSG ordered from Miura about 10+ years ago.

12 hours ago, vertigo88 said:

If you're on the fence, it looks like a majority of Miura is going to be made outside of Japan in the foreseeable future

Verts!  Hope things are dandy for you!

It will be mixed in the future.  Some from Japan while others from Taiwan or China.  

I don't think people need to be caught up in that part.  What I think needs to be addressed is how spin welded hosel heads are inferior to 1 piece heads.  What we don't want is people glorifying cutting corners as a benefit when it comes to marketing.  It spreads misinformation and there is too much of that right now.

10 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Verts!  Hope things are dandy for you!

It will be mixed in the future.  Some from Japan while others from Taiwan or China.  

I don't think people need to be caught up in that part.  What I think needs to be addressed is how spin welded hosel heads are inferior to 1 piece heads.  What we don't want is people glorifying cutting corners as a benefit when it comes to marketing.  It spreads misinformation and there is too much of that right now.

Can you expand on the spin weld hosel? I once read in a publication that yhe spin weld neck is what makes Miura better than other offerings.

10 hours ago, artlu said:

Can you expand on the spin weld hosel? I once read in a publication that yhe spin weld neck is what makes Miura better than other offerings.

I can tell you that I know more about how Miura clubs are made than Miura NA themselves.  I know more about Miura's history than they do as I have been selling and playing Miura before the guys at NA new or old team even heard of the name.

The people who supported that article are from Miura NA.  Miura Japan knows better than to talk about this because there are far more educated people on this subject matter in Japan.   I can quote Kobayashi former president of Endo " Spin Welded is not real golf clubs ".  Many people in foundries know this in Japan.   Everyone I have spoken to on the subject in China understand this as well.

Spin welded hosels are a way to afford cheaper molds.  Remember Titleist used to make clubs with Miura?  The reason why they stopped then moved to Endo was due to the spin welded hosels.  In Japan the factories that produce spin-welded ( only 2 of them ) and both keep it under wraps.  Real molds cost 1.2 million for a set of 8 irons.  These cost less than half.   The hosel is the hardest part to produce molds for.   Spin Welded hosels are also known as 2D heads in Japan.  Spin welded hosels also cost less per head to buy.

I love Miura,  I support them,  sold them for years and have a good relationship with both sides Japan and even now with the new U.S team.  Great bunch of guys now run it.  But I will not let people muddy the waters in the Japan golf market.   

let's be real here.  Miura does not do the first presses of the forging themselves,  they buy the heads in it's early yet most important stages their newly released (6/20/2017)  models like the 5005 was released in Japan late 2013/ early 2014.  Miura dealers are touting it as the most forgiving blade in the world.  We have so much user feedback to pull from on these and the 5005 does not feel nearly as good as the 5003 or others due to that cavity and the forgivness is no different.  

There is so much bull shit going on and it's not only with Miura.   The golf industry needs to be purged of this baloney.