Graphite iron shafts similar to c-taper??

Ian-500

Are there any graphite iron shafts that feel and flight similar to KBS C-Taper? I had a fitting at Mizuno last week and they fit me into C-Taper x with an MP-5 head. Great combo and no reason I should not buy these except.......I like graphite shafts in irons. 
Any of these: MCI120/DGL120/Thump 115/Attas 115/Attas Tour 120/Accra Tour 125/Recoil/Steelfiber. From what I've been told, DGL could be close but I was wondering if there are other shafts out there that you guys think are just like C-Taper.

C-Tapers are supposedly the lowest launching and spinning shafts on the market.  

The only graphite shafts that might come close to the flight of C Tapers would be Crazy CBI 80 Ltd  

As you know,  they are near extinct in this universe....   but I think the X flex models  ( Black lettering )  may still be available somewhere. 

I think about including the LTD in my list but I thought it was a little light......... the Mizuno fitter said that the reason for the C-Taper x/DGx100/KBS Tour x being the top 3 choices that the DNA gadget spewed out was because of my tempo, which required a heavier shaft, so that got me thinking about which heavy graphite shafts would suit.

Subscribed.

A C-Taper without the vibration on the slightest mis**ts would be my holy grail!

Great feel! Straight and I'd say mid spin, mid launch. Great feel!

2 hours ago, Spoon said:

how are mci 120s? I'm thinking of putting these in play.

These are what I want to try the most so far. I'm still playing these 8iron shafts in my wedges. Feel and control is amazing with some serious spin, too much if you already hit down on the ball (but that's the idea).

6 minutes ago, chiromikey said:

These are what I want to try the most so far. I'm still playing these 8iron shafts in my wedges. Feel and control is amazing with some serious spin, too much if you already hit down on the ball (but that's the idea).

I have a set of 5-Aw I just picked up. Will try it in my aw first. If these don't work il let you know. 

4 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

The UST Recoil 125 Prototype is supposed to be the graphite version of the the C-Taper.  

yes I'm sure i've read that somewhere, probably a comparison of 'WRX.

I'm split between these and the Fire Express DGL 120x.....

I'm in the same boat as you Ian, I was fit into a heavier shaft at 6.5 frequency (which is considered x flex). I've used nothing but steel iron shafts because I've never tried a graphite iron shaft that felt stout or stable enough, too whippy and inconsistent even at x flex. I'm currently gaming KBS Tour 130's built to 6.5 which I'm a huge fan of combined with my blades because it gives me terrific consistent and controllable ball flight and trajectory, I also previously gamed a set of DG x100's which I absolutely loved and Project X 6.5's which were likewise wonderful but I felt a tad less consistent than the x100's. I've also had the opportunity to use the green label Shimada Tour which is a phenomenal heavier mid weight/mid launch shaft. When I was searching for the shafts I wanted for building my blades I demoed the C-Taper and Modus3 120 and really liked both of those too. What I figured out is that, for me, it depends on the head I'm using as to which of the shafts I like is best to use. For MB's and small CB's I like a heavier mid-launch shaft like KBS Tour, Modus3 120 or Shimada Tour because it gives me ideal ball flight and trajectory. For mid to large-size CB's and GI's I like a heavy low-launch shaft like x100 or C-Taper because they give me the ideal ball flight and trajectory with that head type. 

I currently have a second set of my blade heads and am looking for the shaft I want to build them with, aside from the KBS Tour's because I don't want to have both sets with the same shaft. I'm currently leaning most towards the Modus3 120 in X or TX. However, if you find a graphite iron shaft that you feel is comparatively stable and consistent to the steel shafts we've both been fitted for, I'd love to hear about it and give them a try. So please keep us updated in this post because it seems like there's several people here searching for the same thing. 

Thanks for the info gregoire56. We must load the shaft very similar, as my top 3 shafts that the Mizuno DNA spat out were KBS C-Taper x, DG100x and KBS Tour x.

Out of Fire Express DGL120x and UST Recoil Prototype 125 F5, I went with the DGL for these reasons; they are JDM therefore are rare and a little more exotic. They look great. I've hit the Recoil before. I've hit lighter Quadra shafts before but would like a lower flight.

26 minutes ago, Ian-500 said:

Thanks for the info gregoire56. We must load the shaft very similar, as my top 3 shafts that the Mizuno DNA spat out were KBS C-Taper x, DG100x and KBS Tour x.

Out of Fire Express DGL120x and UST Recoil Prototype 125 F5, I went with the DGL for these reasons; they are JDM therefore are rare and a little more exotic. They look great. I've hit the Recoil before. I've hit lighter Quadra shafts before but would like a lower flight.

ya we must load the shaft extremely similarly because those were they exact same shafts and flexes/weights that I was recommended by my fitter. I figured out the Modus3 120x and Shimada Tour X are also just as good if not better than those for my swing.

let me know what you think of the DGL's vs the Recoils after you've gotten the chance to use them a bit. i'm anxious to hear what you think