Best feeling, longest flying medium sized irons with minimal offset.

efank

I'm looking for opinions on the best feeling medium sized irons that offer hot faces but minimal offset. I'm considering Romaro type R or PRGR rs titan irons. I've tried USA Callaway CF16 and have Epon af503 and both feel great but I'd prefer a touch less offset. I also own the xxio forged but they're a little clacky.  I've recently had the Epon AF 705 too and they were a little bulky for my taste although the feel was good. I may be looking for something that doesn't exist but thought I'd try this forum. 

I'm afraid that these would not offer the distance, height, or forgiveness of a two piece model. It was suggested to me to strengthen the Lofts on the Seven CB irons but I think I'd be sacrificing height/distance combination. 

Start here ..... Taylormade  made r9 tp , kamui pro kp101, epon 302, miuraism, callaway tour authentic,
prgr idbl, prgr tr500

Medium sized, little offset, long, and forgiving, PrGr iD-BL.

If you want a tad more compact, the Sevens no question.

R9 TP for sure except for the offset.

I'm really lusting over a set of those Seven MCBs too :)

Prgr Egg Forged from 2012

prgr idbl

kp 101 good choice.

tmtp 

yamaha tour 2010 i think prob the best of that series.

prgr nabla forged are excellent

epons id stay away from distamce wise.. maybe the 302s?

what about thise titlesit mb things?

Edited by supo

I am considering PRGR id forged, prgr rs titan, or epon af503. Have the Epon and think it's a tad more offset than I like. Almost have ruled out Seven mcb because I struggle to get the ball up and don't want to jack up traditional lofts to get distance. I probably need a two piece head with lower CG and hot face to get the high flight I'm looking for. 

Not sure where/how you're getting your info on the MCB's...  Height...? Distance...?  Have you hit them? They fit the bill for what you're looking for to a T.

Titleist has a few good options....

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 7:04 AM, RLL33 said:

Not sure where/how you're getting your info on the MCB's...  Height...? Distance...?  Have you hit them? They fit the bill for what you're looking for to a T.

When "feel"  is a requirement , typically you'd think a full forged option is the way to go,   but I guess some people like the slight clickiness and springiness over dense buttery feel.    I'd prefer the MCB over any multi construction but thats just me.   

Based on the attributes mentioned,  Id think RS Forged or TMB would best fit his requirements.   Possibly the new Egg PF as well. 

Agree with nob on the feel part. 2-piece or undercut both mess up the feel. The idbl has the feel and the offset boxes ticked but launch and distance may not be as good as in Epon 503 or something clicky. However, gaining a few yards in an iron is not that important as it is all about consistency. And a full, solid forged iron will in my opinion beat an undercut or multi material any day as they seem to have "hot-spots". 

Good points. It seems like the 2 piece models seem to be touted as being more forgiving and generally seem to have a lower center of gravity which seems like it would lead to higher flight which I desperately need.. If I went with a one piece does anyone have experience with the PRGR Id nabla tour. It looks like the CG may be a little lower on those. EGG is way too clunky looking and too large of a sole. 

Nabla Tours as the name suggest are great looking tour irons slightly larger sized than other tour irons.  

However,  flight is definitely lower compared to 503 or similar models.  

I noticed that you use NS 950 which in my opinion is a mid to higher launching shaft. What you could do is to find a head that you like from a feel and offset perspective and pair them with some high launching shafts to help you with the launch.   Perhaps even try some graphite shafts with low kick point.

14 hours ago, efank said:

Good points. It seems like the 2 piece models seem to be touted as being more forgiving and generally seem to have a lower center of gravity which seems like it would lead to higher flight which I desperately need.. If I went with a one piece does anyone have experience with the PRGR Id nabla tour. It looks like the CG may be a little lower on those. EGG is way too clunky looking and too large of a sole. 

The iD nabla tour's CG is actually designed to be a little higher and closer to the middle of the face, that's the function of V shaped muscle above the sole on the back of the head 

15 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Nabla Tours as the name suggest are great looking tour irons slightly larger sized than other tour irons.  

However,  flight is definitely lower compared to 503 or similar models.  

I noticed that you use NS 950 which in my opinion is a mid to higher launching shaft. What you could do is to find a head that you like from a feel and offset perspective and pair them with some high launching shafts to help you with the launch.   Perhaps even try some graphite shafts with low kick point.

That is probably hitting the sweetspot. Get the look and feel desired in the heads and pairing it with high launching graphite shafts. The feel of the idbl or mcb (have not hit) with smooth low kick graphites would be super soft.