Difference Between Shimada K's and Shimada Green Label

Mjr. D

I heard Shimada K's are manufactured in Japan and the Shimada Green Label shafts are out of the UK. Anyone know if this is true and has anyone played both?

Any difference in feel, performance, etc?

Thanks.

I've played both Shimada K's HW120 and green label Shimada Tour Wedge shafts and I find them to be very similar, and they both identify "made in Japan" on them. I know the green labels are distributed by company called Professional Golf Europe, same company that owns Vega now, but I don't know if they're owned by PGE and they still say made in Japan on them. So I don't know what the actual differences are but I'd be curious to find out as well

The company called PGE who owns and sells a bunch of brands like Musahi, Vega, United and others basically asked Shimada to sell them shafts with a different finish and sticker.  

Anyone can do this with a minimum order through Shimada.  

TSG sells both but I always suggest the JDM version because they have the all models even then new 8001 and it's more transparent about what they are,  the specs,  bend profile etc..

Good to know. So no difference in quality then?

1 hour ago, Mjr. D said:

Good to know. So no difference in quality then?

Zero that I know of.  If there was a difference it would be likely the green labels are watered down but I have not heard anything of the sort.

Thanks.