Lowest Spin Driver

biff webster

Being new to JDM clubs, I thought I would ask for some opinions.

I am looking for the lowest spin driver head.  I would prefer a 445cc or smaller and it more of a pear shape as I dont like the round look.  Also, it has to be black with an open face (the more open the better).  I am not a fan of all of the white and other colors of all the drivers in the US.

Pear shape is a thing of the past.

Honma, Bridgestone,  A-Grind have pear shaped clubs but none I consider really good.

So focus on the low spin and hands down lowest spin is Jbeam ZY-11 or 435 Black Out IMO.

You could have a look at Mizuno...

the MP Type 1 is her on Tourspec - it's black, it's 435cc and it's a good shape

https://www.tourspecgolf.com/mizuno-mp-type-1-driver.html

imgrc0101941022.jpg

or look back older for the Craft 611... not black but not white either ;-) - 440cc and can be ordered 1-1/2 deg flatter lie than the standard 58deg. Endo made, very nice

Here's a pic of mine - it's an unshafted Yonex eZone 380 next to an Adams 9015d, next to the Mizuno 611

22961731769_64914e45fd_b.jpg

Edited by coops1967

1 hour ago, coops1967 said:

or look back older for the Craft 611... not black but not white either ;-) - 440cc and can be ordered 1-1/2 deg flatter lie than the standard 58deg. Endo made, very nice

Here's a pic of mine - it's an unshafted Yonex eZone 380 next to an Adams 9015d, next to the Mizuno 611

22961731769_64914e45fd_b.jpg

I also still game my Mizuno 611 Craft, at ten degrees which is more than i usually play. I usually hit the ball high with a lot of spin, this driver solved that. flat low spin flight, good roll out.

Edited by Vegaman

Mine's 10 deg loft too - and a bit more would be just fine too...

At 440cc vs the Adams at 460cc you can see how deep the face still is - so that's the low spin side of things sorted...