Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TourSpecGolfer

2018 Yamaha Tour Model Golf Clubs

13 posts in this topic

New Iron & New Wedge from Yamaha.  These are the Tour Models.

Untitled.jpeg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beauties! iron head looks great, i'm assuming minimal offset, would love a size comparison.

did they go back to forging the wedges? if so those are primo 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always, these look fantastic. I've always drooled over Yamaha's MBs yet somehow never owned a set...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still remember everyone went crazy when the 2012 and 2013 Tour Models came out!!  

Ironically to this day, I too have not had the chance to try them.   

Hopefully,  Yamaha makes a comeback this year to regain some fans they lost after switching to "RMX" series. 

 

Edited by nobmontana
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RMX was a killer.......

 

Nob you have to try some vintage Yamaha. Awesome clubs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look awesome from the back. I have had a large number of irons the last 7 years but nothing has kicked the 2009 tour models out of the bag. Still firmly there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rest of the new line up.

rmx_118_iron_01.png

rmx_218_iron_01.png

rmx_driver_118_2017_001.png

rmx_driver_218_2017_001.png

rmx_fw_2017_001.png

rmx_fw_focus_001.png

rmx_fw_ut_001.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a design trend where the back face look like they shifted the weight towards the toe. 

Miura CB2008 ,  A Grind A-CB , and now these RMX 118.     Are these supposed to make these irons anti-left?  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, nobmontana said:

There seems to be a design trend where the back face look like they shifted the weight towards the toe. 

Miura CB2008 ,  A Grind A-CB , and now these RMX 118.     Are these supposed to make these irons anti-left?  

 

They are just a different look.  Brands may try to say it moves the CG to a lower more center position but 2 things fault that logic:  

1.  you can simply make the hosel shorter to do the same & there are many ways to add mass to the toe or reduce mass toward the heel.

2. you want the cg slightly toward the heel to promote face closure with irons.  a true center face cg is a bitch to hit.

Because we use CAD to produce the CB & MCB we are able to see what changes are required to move CG depth and height.    It takes much more drastic adjustments to move it than most would think.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

...2. you want the cg slightly toward the heel to promote face closure with irons.  a true center face cg is a bitch to hit...

Can I try please!!!! Are there any irons that truly have a center or even toe biased cg?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2017 at 9:20 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Because we use CAD to produce the CB & MCB we are able to see what changes are required to move CG depth and height.    It takes much more drastic adjustments to move it than most would think.

 

Remember this next time someone waffles about jacked lofts being necessary to prevent 'ballooning' - absolute unmitigated [email protected] 

... in 'the old' days with regular 4 degree loft gaps down to the 3 iron or indeed 1 iron... why do modern jacked loft sets with 42 degree 'pitching wedges' suddenly have 2 degree gaps in their long irons hmmm? Surely we need 16 degree 3 irons to prevent this terrible outbreak of uncontrollable ballooning? 

 

Or just read a quite old book about clubs by Tom Wishon - to significantly lower CG in an iron  (which must still meet the standard head weight remember...) the only truly meaninful option is the very highly lofted wood, or you may remember 'low profile' irons.... now there's some potential ballooning for you ;-)

 

lhbrownlo45.jpg

 

ps those Yamahas look nice... always liked that 3 tuning fork logo

 

 

Edited by coops1967
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad had a set of Brownings!!! 

He mostly played his Lynx set , though... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 8:22 AM, coops1967 said:

 

Remember this next time someone waffles about jacked lofts being necessary to prevent 'ballooning' - absolute unmitigated [email protected] 

... in 'the old' days with regular 4 degree loft gaps down to the 3 iron or indeed 1 iron... why do modern jacked loft sets with 42 degree 'pitching wedges' suddenly have 2 degree gaps in their long irons hmmm? Surely we need 16 degree 3 irons to prevent this terrible outbreak of uncontrollable ballooning? 

 

Or just read a quite old book about clubs by Tom Wishon - to significantly lower CG in an iron  (which must still meet the standard head weight remember...) the only truly meaninful option is the very highly lofted wood, or you may remember 'low profile' irons.... now there's some potential ballooning for you ;-)

 

lhbrownlo45.jpg

 

ps those Yamahas look nice... always liked that 3 tuning fork logo

 

 

We need to get over being outraged with strong lofts.  Its not good or bad.  it just is.    

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0