Great 3 and 5 wood combo

D22marshall

Looking to update my Romaro 3 and 5 wood wanting to get peoples thoughts on a great 3 and 5 fw as I like to match them up.

dont like egg type heads.

atm the a grind dst epon 205 ( cost too much) like the head to sit open NOT closed or Sq at all.

any other ideas would be great.

and in a reasonable price range

Crazy f16 and f19 - deep face and i would say they are fairly forgiving and works great in rough too

new ryoma 2017 shafted with beyond power shaft , long and forgiving 

Edited by smstef

3 hours ago, wedda said:

Crazy f16 and f19 - deep face and i would say they are fairly forgiving and works great in rough too

Had these didn’t like em too small and deep face.

1 hour ago, smstef said:

new ryoma 2017 shafted with beyond power shaft , long and forgiving 

Every ryoma I have seen looks closed

agree with the Crazy full Ti .     just the right size and semi-shallow profile.  A bit on the expensive side, though... 

Modart MA01F are great too if you prefer a softer steel face feel.   Modart FWs are are shallow and really easy to hit off the deck. 

If you want forgiveness,  RC SFD x7 are great,   but they sit more or less square.   Distance is great. 

43 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

agree with the Crazy full Ti .     just the right size and semi-shallow profile.  A bit on the expensive side, though... 

Modart MA01F are great too if you prefer a softer steel face feel.   Modart FWs are are shallow and really easy to hit off the deck. 

If you want forgiveness,  RC SFD x7 are great,   but they sit more or less square.   Distance is great. 

+1 on Modart. As long as Ryoma, but as easy as Hybrid. The only issue I had with Modart is I can't get along with their 14 loft one. 16 & 19 combo is incredible. 

if you like the Crazy Full Titan and Modart MA01F, then (if it's still available) I cast my vote for a Grandista RS-F 3w + 5w combo. Same material and very similar design as the Full Titan, but its a tad more compact and very hittable off the turf like MA01F. I use a 15* RS-F wood and 19* MA01H hybrid combo instead of a 5w, and for me that pairing is the definition of perfection. But I've also given serious consideration to an 18* RS-F wood though, and the only real reason I can identify that I haven't tried it is the loft gapping of 15* & 19* that I have is spot-on perfect for my set, it's perfect 4* loft gaps for almost every club in my bag from driver thru LW

Edited by gregoire56

I totally forgot about the Grandista RS-F... as gregoire says,  it is similar to the Crazy Full Titan from a shape perspective and is one solid fairway wood.     

Also if you want to be different, Zodia OZ Ti fairways are actually good performing woods.   The shape of the head is longer from toe to heel , semi shallow profile.   Feel and sound were exceptional.   The pop off the face felt more like a driver.   

2 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I totally forgot about the Grandista RS-F... as gregoire says,  it is similar to the Crazy Full Titan from a shape perspective and is one solid fairway wood.     

Also if you want to be different, Zodia OZ Ti fairways are actually good performing woods.   The shape of the head is longer from toe to heel , semi shallow profile.   Feel and sound were exceptional.   The pop off the face felt more like a driver.   

What about the zodia z801?

any experience nobs?

No experience with  Zodia 801.. 

but 17-4 body + 455 combo is the same with Modart and A-Grind.   

From the pictures the Z801 looks pretty deep.   185cc 3W is also not that small.