"Metal factory ", anyone want to talk about it?

Calvin

Metal Factory has some pretty appealing stuffs. Somehow, it's just off the radar in the forum. Did anybody have experience with their clubs and want to talk about it? The A7 has a very sleek looking. The new A9 seems to made with better material but not sure how do these clubs perform. By the way, they have pretty decent looking irons as well. Some guy said the J 2 iron is pretty long and not worse than Epon.

13 hours ago, Calvin said:

Metal Factory has some pretty appealing stuffs. Somehow, it's just off the radar in the forum. Did anybody have experience with their clubs and want to talk about it? The A7 has a very sleek looking. The new A9 seems to made with better material but not sure how do these clubs perform. By the way, they have pretty decent looking irons as well. Some guy said the J 2 iron is pretty long and not worse than Epon.

Just another brand prettying up open model heads.  Most smaller brands are using open model woods, irons, wedges and adjusting certain aspects of them.

Metal factory brings you nothing new,  iron/wedge shapes are below average,  cnc back face is very basic but thats just for looks,  the drivers and woods are adjusted open model.  

The parent co.  Asahi golf is all business not maniac style like we are.  

Some guy said...  thats the problem with the internet.    This "guy" has no eye.   Epon is in another league when compared to metal factory and that includes quality/fit/finish.  Its a 1 piece forged head.  long is determined by its loft, shaft,specs...

If you want to know if something is special or actually new just ask anytime.

All very civil.....

4 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Hello.

something wrong with my server sorry!

I recently picked up the A7 driver and love the look with the racing stripe.  The shape is appealing to my eye.   Tbh, I am just learning how to make a real golf swing but picking up equipment that looks appealing to me.

So for my understanding from the prev posts is that the A7 is an open model which I take to be it is shared among other makers which then tweek and label the driver under their own name.  Is that correct?  If so does anyone know which other drivers share the A7's "lineage"?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, wushu2000 said:

I recently picked up the A7 driver and love the look with the racing stripe.  The shape is appealing to my eye.   Tbh, I am just learning how to make a real golf swing but picking up equipment that looks appealing to me.

So for my understanding from the prev posts is that the A7 is an open model which I take to be it is shared among other makers which then tweek and label the driver under their own name.  Is that correct?  If so does anyone know which other drivers share the A7's "lineage"?

Thanks!

Brands order new sole molds or crown molds or add or delete weights and change graphics and so on.  For irons and wedges I can tell what base heads they come from but for woods, there are so many to choose from I wouldn't know exactly.

9 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Brands order new sole molds or crown molds or add or delete weights and change graphics and so on.  For irons and wedges I can tell what base heads they come from but for woods, there are so many to choose from I wouldn't know exactly.

ok cool thanks for that.  I guess this may become a more expensive hobby with all of the equipment that I'll be trying out LOL!

Edited by wushu2000

• 1 month later...

Just saw the Metal Factory J1 & J2 iron in the TSG online store. They look really nice - anyone playing them? Interested on your feedback.