Driver Head Plus Shaft = Max Distance

Henry

With recent posts regarding the above, I am wondering if some shafts perform better with certain drivers or is it just a combination based upon your physical skills.   

On 11/3/2017 at 8:21 AM, Henry said:

With recent posts regarding the above, I am wondering if some shafts perform better with certain drivers or is it just a combination based upon your physical skills.   

The head and shaft have little to nothing to do with each other.  That is such a common question I get = What shaft is good for this head?  That is not the way I suggest thinking about it.  Its what head and shaft and specs have characteristics that minimize my faults and improve on my strengths.

AND.. very important ......,

what head shape do  you like   to view.... if u don't like the look of the head  ur never going to have  maximum confidence  in that  driver especially  when  the pressure gets ramped up.. try driving  when ur  1 up on the 15th/16th with 4  double presees  on the board with a driver ur not overly at home with....... it aint pretty more often that not  !! .Just an aside........,

the ONE true driver head that I just cant ever get rid of, and have still got even tho  its not long is  the t.t.t..t.t.t.ayla m.m.m.m.m.made... tp burner form 2009...... yup 2009, NO-ONE has made a driver head since that can beat that  for arrow like performance for me.

No one  not jbeam, not prgr , not even ryoma,.(.well maybe ryoma)  but  nothing  is close  to how that thing looks easy   to hit  to me in my hands

I stuck a  100 gram bimatirx blue X shaft in it @ 44 inch and it lives on the links

when  its comp time , and especially when  its windy  I don't bother with anything else.  bec I know where  just about every ball is going .

its prob the shortest distance driver ive owned. but wow is it a thing of beauty in my bag when the score counts!

go for looks at address as much.. no...   WAY more so than  any  of the pretty  face  matereials and hype on the latest and greatest.

get a head that  looks good.

hmmm

sounds like advice on birds too..........................,

Edited by supo

Completely agree..... you need to like the head and shape of the driver first. For me, I don't like a driver that has a high back end. I am more of a sloping down back end (ie Ping, VG3). I will always choose that first, then I try to find a shaft to match. If someone says this is the "best driver ever", if it does not meet my aesthetic requirements, I wont even consider it.