Tyson Lamb

2jzpowered

Heard they're good but basically like everything else. I could be wrong though.

4 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Heard they're good but basically like everything else. I could be wrong though.

Based on looks his putter is amazing. Not sure if it justifies the price tho. He had a release not long ago on his website and all putters were gone within few hours i heard

I have one. Great custom Putters . He really knows what he’s doing. I’m sure some big manufacture will pick him up down the road for production Putters 

the guy from table rock Putters is pushing them 

and he’s doing the same marketing as Scotty Cameron tour Putters that he did. “Limited” and high price 

Very nice work.  A brand built on Instagram and forums.  You are buying his art and his branding and paying a premium for it.  

He is not using high-end cad software or controllers,  he is not using top of the line 5 axis machines or tools nor does he need to due to the designs being very basic,  you can get the same CNC setup in your garage for about 1500 bucks a month financed from Haas.  Its just a matter of learning how to use it.

He is not able to create a one off cad for the customer as benock is.

Many lamb putters have a separate neck as well.  Big no no in my book even for a $300 putter.   His finishing work by hand and his attention to detail are beautiful.  

The putters do not have to be this limited.  That is simply a marketing angle or a design flaw in the process.  He can easily pump out all the heads he needs,  its just a matter of finishing work,  polishing edges,  stamping and all the little cool stuff he does.  He can put the same program into someone else's CNC machine to double his output with ease.  He could purchase another machine to pump out double.  He could hire someone to run the machine while he is busy with other things.  

if anyone has questions about putters let me know.  I have made many and have many more coming.  I know whats good it just depends on what you care about and want.

Technology? - Benock
Fitting Concept? - Benock
Quality & Materials? - Benock 
Art Work? - Lamb
Brand? - Cameron
Market Buzz? - Lamb

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 4:41 PM, TheBoomer said:

Congrats on the marketing dollars Benock pays this site “thumbs up” 

0 dollars.

These are just the facts.    Would you like to debate the merits of my claim against other brands?  

Please bring your argument if so.

Anyone doing micro-milling?
Anyone hire NS Tool?
Anyone have 5 x 5Axis machines? incl miltap
Who is creating 4-6 new CAD designs a day?
Who is willing to make the customer a custom cad?
Who is offering 3136L as a custom option?
I can go on for days.

What u got?

22 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

0 dollars.

These are just the facts.    Would you like to debate the merits of my claim against other brands?  

Please bring your argument if so.

Anyone doing micro-milling?
Anyone hire NS Tool?
Anyone have 5 x 5Axis machines? incl miltap
Who is creating 4-6 new CAD designs a day?
Who is willing to make the customer a custom cad?
Who is offering 3136L as a custom option?
I can go on for days.

What u got?

Nobody is arguing !!! 

The question was asked about Tyson Lamb putters and you took it a different direction. 

You did the same thing with Epon. When this site was selling their product it was the best on earth, now that you don't Epon is s**t. 

You'll end doing the same thing with the Benock Putter line once you run the course with them. 

I understand that you want to argue and I understand you have to keep telling people how great Benock is and Im sure theyre a pretty good putter manufacture. And we all understand that Benock is the flavor of the hour.  

You did the same thing with SEVEN. 

Written by YOU

"These are 1 piece forged heads with traditional lofts while the 703 and PXG XF are multi piece with strong lofts.  The 703 and PXG will be longer and more forgiving club vs club than the Seven CB and MCB.  That said the Maruman NX Shuttle Iron,  PRGR Super Egg, Yamaha UD+ will crush any Epon or PXG if your looking for forgiveness and distance.

The Sevens were produced with a few goals in mind:

- They must be made in Japan

- They must be higher quality than any other brand

- They must have very low offset 

- The shape must rival brands like Titleist, Bridgestone, Dunlop

- The CGs must be progressive with optimal locations chosen by cad and tested by human

- It must be a 1 piece forged head for feel 

This is  higher quality than Endo and I can say that with confidence.  But the iron you choose will depend on what your preferences are.  If your preferences match the iron you choose then you will be happiest.  So maybe its Seven,  maybe its PXG or Epon its about what you want.

I come on here trying to get a Un-bias review from other members and you always chime in with a motive. 

Edited by TheBoomer

I think many of us here are biased towards JDM equipment to start with.  

That said,  I love my Benock because it was milled to my specs. 

Essentially, there is a CNC program at Benock which is unique to my specific putter. 

That's pretty cool if you think about it that way. 

3 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Un-bias would be nice to hear now and again.

+1

well........ ive got/had pretty much  everything JDM from the last 15 yrs

epon are the best quality  irons ( so says my clubbuilder and I agree )  don't mean I play them that much , but impossible to discredit them. every time I take me out , I wonder why they wont  make a  ltd ed. players  iron grrrr!!!!

epon 101 driver head is prob the best quality head ive ever hit.

golds mod is  the best thing  you cud ever do to  a putter.

benock has a very unique  feel look.

modart is equally a very unique  brand I  are right up there with epon

Yamaha  1980s   hal sutotn MBS are the equal of anything out OEM today.

look back as much as you look fwds .  surprises abound!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 8:44 AM, TheBoomer said:

Nobody is arguing !!! 

The question was asked about Tyson Lamb putters and you took it a different direction. 

You did the same thing with Epon. When this site was selling their product it was the best on earth, now that you don't Epon is s**t. 

You'll end doing the same thing with the Benock Putter line once you run the course with them. 

I understand that you want to argue and I understand you have to keep telling people how great Benock is and Im sure theyre a pretty good putter manufacture. And we all understand that Benock is the flavor of the hour.  

Written by YOU

"These are 1 piece forged heads with traditional lofts while the 703 and PXG XF are multi piece with strong lofts.  The 703 and PXG will be longer and more forgiving club vs club than the Seven CB and MCB.  That said the Maruman NX Shuttle Iron,  PRGR Super Egg, Yamaha UD+ will crush any Epon or PXG if your looking for forgiveness and distance.

- The CGs must be progressive with optimal locations chosen by cad and tested by human

This is  higher quality than Endo and I can say that with confidence.  But the iron you choose will depend on what your preferences are.  If your preferences match the iron you choose then you will be happiest.  So maybe its Seven,  maybe its PXG or Epon its about what you want.

I come on here trying to get a Un-bias review from other members and you always chime in with a motive. 

Boomer u  forgot to include Scratch golf and now Itorbori is on the s list . Many others I'm sure.  Bahahahahahahahaha. we are on a forum in which there is actually product bring marketed and sold. Just scroll back to the top and click back to main site to see who's ok to talk about.

Benock?! never heard of it outside of this forum. I've never touched one so I can't say "it's the best technology or materials or fitting concept. " Fitting concept? Uh Huh. Just the flavor of the month. 

Back to TL... $3500 is pricey. My putter is not a Tyson lamb, but is made from custom cad made to my spec with inputs, dimensions, weight, designs/engraving I asked for and it wasn't as costly as this. Tyson makes good looking putters but they're pricey. I doubt Tyson will do something that custom without charging even more. I Ipersonally wouldn't  pay $3500 for one.  There are a lot of excellent putter makers out there that can be had for less. But if he is getting that much for them then good for him.

And of course my putter wasn't made in Japan so "it's not the best." 

Everyone is bias. I like my mom more than yours.

So lets avoid personal swipes at me and please don't put words in my mouth and definitely do not come here if you want the same opinion you will find everywhere else. You are talking to someone who designs, manufactures, owns brands, builds brands, visits many factories each year and that many brands seek consultation from. You get that anywhere else? learn and know you don't have to agree but understand your insults will get you 86'd fast.

1. Epon is still great better than most out there incl Miura etc.. Never said it was Shit like you claim but can go on for days on things I do not agree with. You care to know where their drivers are made now?  

2. Benock is the absolute best and I am willing to debate this with anyone.  You have nothing just insults.  Please do your best to back something up, anything? The Machines he uses, the CAD staff he has, the partnership with NSTool makes him untouchable, the ability is like no other. including The Masterful Tour Scottys. It has taken me 4 years to put this together. what are you doing?

3. Yes I did the same thing with SEVEN, stand by all of those. which one do you not agree about?

So let me get this straight, I bring you the very best products, the most critical look at brands and you get salty about what I said about a brand. I am not here for your feelings sir and you should expect this at TSG. Knowing that, what the heck are you doing here?

--- Benock produces the best putters in the world. SEVEN CB and MCB are some of the best-made irons in the world... FACT. my cost per head is $230 bucks. Any other brand touch this? Anyone else willing to tell you their cost and how things are actually made with no fluff? Any real questions about why?

--- My motive? uh yes sell products and RAISE standards. RAISE YOUR STANDARDS! This industry is walking over the consumer like a bunch of chums and its dumbing everything down. It will end with consumers focused on buzz words, names of tech that do not matter and forgetting about the things that actually matter.

What I have been trying to do is get people to focus on materials, where its made, how its made, what is better, etc.. When you buy an expensive product do you not want the very best you can get for your money?

--- I am happy to talk about Miura, Scratch, Itobori, Epon, etc.. etc.. Is anything I said not true? Spin Welded hosels, Open Model heads overpriced, no 1018 sold in Japan... I hope facts don't hurt your feelings.

There are many other forums for you to be and stay at.  Don't come here if all you want is roses. You know what TSG is all about.  Come here if you are a discerning mofo.

The reasons why I am able to know and say these things is because I show up.  I didnt just read it on the internet, I go there, negotiate, push our agenda, bring the products to market, influence these brands and often deliver.  I fail in many  relationships but when dealing with dozens of unique individuals it is expected.  What are you doing other than whining in a forum you probably shouldn't be at anyway?

On 1/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, 1dirtypanda said:

Boomer u  forgot to include Scratch golf and now Itorbori is on the s list . Many others I'm sure.  Bahahahahahahahaha. we are on a forum in which there is actually product bring marketed and sold. Just scroll back to the top and click back to main site to see who's ok to talk about.

Benock?! never heard of it outside of this forum. I've never touched one so I can't say "it's the best technology or materials or fitting concept. " Fitting concept? Uh Huh. Just the flavor of the month. 

Back to TL... $3500 is pricey. My putter is not a Tyson lamb, but is made from custom cad made to my spec with inputs, dimensions, weight, designs/engraving I asked for and it wasn't as costly as this. Tyson makes good looking putters but they're pricey. I doubt Tyson will do something that custom without charging even more. I Ipersonally wouldn't  pay $3500 for one.  There are a lot of excellent putter makers out there that can be had for less. But if he is getting that much for them then good for him.

And of course my putter wasn't made in Japan so "it's not the best." 

Funny that Ari, Patrick and the scratch team has gotten over this and still work together with us yet you cant get over it.  I still stand by all I said.  

Itobori owes us $$$ and is shady as hell.  

You guys have it that exposing brand misinformation in a direct manner is a negative thing.   

Without knowing what we do and what we create for brands your easily able to pass judgment on TSG.  We show up and create and have more contributions over the last 15 years than you may know.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 8:44 AM, TheBoomer said:

Nobody is arguing !!! 

Written by YOU

Spot on. Pump and dump

So much stupid like this on the web and I can't believe these are golfers.  I can say exactly and transparently what occurred to me and any brand I take issue with yet these jokers are deaf to it and come up with conclusions that are idiotic.  These are the dummies of online golf.  stay clear.

I will say it again If anyone takes issue with anything or has an unanswered question simply ask politely and don't be a wise ass or imply BS.  I am more than happy to share.  Another thing 99% have no clue what we/TSG/I do in this industry.  none. 

I like Tyson btw.  very much and at the same time I stand by what I said.  Internet experts please debate that with me if you know better.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

So much stupid like this on the web and I can't believe these are golfers.  I can say exactly and transparently what occurred to me and any brand I take issue with yet these jokers are deaf to it and come up with conclusions that are idiotic.  These are the dummies of online golf.  stay clear.

I will say it again If anyone takes issue with anything or has an unanswered question simply ask politely and don't be a wise ass or imply BS.  I am more than happy to share.  Another thing 99% have no clue what we/TSG/I do in this industry.  none. 

I like Tyson btw.  very much and at the same time I stand by what I said.  Internet experts please debate that with me if you know better.

+1.. I prefer Chris' bias for the most part since it makes for more interesting and informative reading. Must be nice to have such great 20/20 hindsight to bash him for something like Itobori; I've read some similarly revealing things about Honma but they seem to retain a pretty good relationship. This site is like 20 years old, how many fly-by brands has he probably seen during that time? Sorry to hear you went and bought a set of itobori irons right after the original marketing blog post then found out later they weren't as great as was originally claimed, but that makes you salty not Chris a liar. I'm actually pretty appreciative of being able to come on here and find info i most likely won't get anywhere else, and can sympathize that some of this info most likely took some time to determine since I also do not learn by osmosis. With regard to hyping Benock and SEVEN, I have found zero information anywhere that leads me to doubt any of what he's said about these brands and i've done my homework, totally different than itobori, and I wasn't around on here during the Scratch/Epon days but both of those companies have obviously undergone serious changes over time, so what was once said about them may no longer be true after such changes and for someone to hold him accountable NOW for what was written/said BEFORE those changes.. it's hard for me to comprehend that kind of illogical thinking

+1, Gregoire

• 1 month later...

I appreciate your comments Greg.  Truth is I can't make everyone happy and that includes both our members and our brands.  

I have not done a good job being friendly for sure but we are also not the average company.  

When people say stuff like "pump and dump" I want them to really think about what would be the logic in that.  Its far better if I got a long with the Epons,  Itobori's etc..  Better for me as I would make more sales/profit,  better for the brand as they would gain sales/profit/exposure.  Also every year I always extend an olive branch to brands we do not get along with as there is financial interest in me doing so.  That said if the brand is not back on TSG they choose to remain salty.  

Few know what I do or what I am a part of.  If they knew they would either hate more or give props.  

On a side note I am a bit bummed with golf as few golf consumers  care to uncover what and why things are better than others.   Now days marketing is really leading the market toward confusion.  I would love to bring it back to materials,  manufacturing,  technology etc..  but I speak frankly and people are emotionally tied to their purchases or beliefs so it creates bitter feelings.

I was with Okuda-san all day yesterday at Benock.  

I was with Tyson Lamb last week.

Why can't I have a strong opinion if its all grounded in fact and can be proven?  I can prove it and if anyone does not believe they can ask specific questions.