VG3 Driver

dickyfowler

Titleist Japan are showing a new VG3 driver with Cheetah Tehnology ??  Anyone know more?   Are there other new VG3 offerings?   

Wow....I am curious and excited as well. Usually, the VG3 clubs are announced right before the Japan Golf Fair in February. I think its early for them to do it in November. 

The 2016 VG3 irons are in my bag and I love them.   Curious to see what else Titleist Japan is getting ready to launch:tsg_smiley_secret:

Me too. I have had both the 2014 and 2016 iron models. Completely different feel. Wonder what they will do with the 2018 model!

Edited by Henry

looks good minus the adjustable hosel 

and what is the CHEETAH TECHNOLOGY their website is teasing us about?

A purley wild and crazy guess....If you look at the background on the website for the add, "What is Cheetah Technology," it shows round circles that appear to be hollow. Perhaps something to do with increased clubhead speed incorperated into the driverhead somehow..... 

sounds fair -- cheetah clearly points to SPEED

Titleist JP website has been updated with all the VG3 offerings for 2018!

Edited by Henry

just saw that -- I've got a horn Louis Armstrong couldn't blow

The VG3 irons look similar to the last model. I know its early but are there any Japanese Magazines or Blogs out now that discuss the differences between the old and new models? 

Yes the better player's iron does look a tad similar - and if they have managed to improve on the predecessor then it will be another best-seller. The D-Type iron looks chunkier and will probably appeal to people trying to gain distance....but a little too bulked-up for my liking.  Look forward to reading reviews.