B'Stone X-CBP Irons or something similar to Z565 with more traditional lofts

timastyle

I posted this in a couple other places with no luck.  Hoping I can get some feedback here.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Can't seem to find any info on these. There's plenty on the X-CB but not the one with a pocket as it appears to be Japan only release. 

Currently play a Srixon Z765 (pw-7i)/Z565 (6-4i with the 6i bent 1* weak) combo with SF i95 stuff shafts. I love the forgiveness and flight of the Z565, but not thrilled about the Z765 (may have more to do with my skill level than anything). The feel on both is nice but nothing special for me. Thought about going all 5 series but the stronger lofts in the shorter irons put me off. Hit it far enough (7i is 175 carry) and my yardage gaps are good the way it is (wedges are 51*, 55*, 60* if that matters). The X-CBP seems to be lofted similarly to what I'm used to so I'm wanting to know what the forgiveness of them would be compared to. 

Also, any other JDM irons that would have similar forgiveness and more player's CB lofts that I should look at?

Also, not sure if it matters much, but I think the SF i95 shafts are a little too light for my liking. May want to look into the i110 or another graphite/composite options for my joints. Reading up on the Attas and Roddio. Any recommendations on shafts would be appreciated as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Seven MCBs might fit the criteria the best.  Forgiveness would be similar to a Game Improvement set but lofts are Player’s CB specs.  It’s a rare breed. 

You can custom order Miura PP9003 with weaker lofts which might be another good option. 

Both of these irons would be more forgiving than Z765 and likely be better feeling in my personal opinion.   But then again feel is highly subjective. 

Thanks nob!  The MCB look like a lot more refined Adams Idea (no knock on it). Would be great if I could get it out. Also noticed that the don't have a 3 or 4 iron which would've a deal breaker. 

The 9903 doesn't do a whole lot for me visually but worth a look. 

Any other suggestions? Doesn't have to be new and maybe even preferred used due to costs. 

I used to have a set of Tourstage X Blade 709 Limited combos.   

3,4,5 are Cavity ,  6,7,8 are Half Cavity  9,PW are Blades.   S20C Endo forged goodness.   

That was the last of the "Tourstage"  branded X-Blade irons before they switched to Bridgetsone brand.  

http://www.bs-sports.co.jp/press/2013/g1001_x-blade_limited/g1001_x-blade_limited.pdf

I think a used set can be had for reasonable prices these days.     

I currently use Bridgestone J015CB irons which look like musclebacks at address but it is one of the more forgiving Players CB I have played. 

http://www.bs-golf.com/bs-products/j015/product/iron.html

I believe the Tour B X-CBs are very similar to these from a design perspective.  

From what I have read in Japanese blog posts,  they are slightly larger sized, ( 1mm more toe to heel) 

sole width is also slightly wider,   and from pictures,  slightly thicker top line than the X-CB. 

The face material on the CBP are also Chromoly and supposedly feel very soft at impact . 

I've not tried it.  So I think you should get them and provide us reviews!  :) 

Fire Express DGL 120

Mitsubishi OTi 105 was really good.  Super smooth feel.   Tempted to try their new OTi Tours.    If you really have aggressive swing,  Crazy STP shafts may be an option as well..   I have Crazy CBI 80 LTD from a few years ago in my Seven x Shinagawa MBs and just love the combo!!   Fujikura MCI Black are  good too and very smooth. Not sure how well it works with aggressive swings. 

From my experience,   MCI blacks are slightly less high launch compared to the Mitsubishi OTi.  

What I found different about the MCI blacks are the progressive weights with the longer shafts having lighter weight. 

It really made the longer clubs easy to launch and swing.      I would say feel goes to OTi.   Slightly better especially on the shorter irons. 

OTi in general are super smooth.   

Thanks nob and supo!

supo - Any experience how these shafts compare to SF i95 in stiff (i.e. flex, launch, spin, etc)?  With the Z565 in the longer irons, I really love the ball flight with those shafts, but feel as though they launch a little too high and ballooned a bit with the lower irons. I'm looking for something that lower's the flight in the shorter irons and keeps them comparable to what I currently have in the longer irons.  I definitely want heavier shafts 105-110g in the shorter irons which may help a bit in that department as well and maybe even in my longer irons, although I'm not opposed to an ascending weight shaft set like the MCI black 100 series, especially since I have steel wedge shafts that are on the heavier side already. 

I did  a review on them here somehwere  a while ago, I don't like carbon  shafts but I really  took to these. never got a set but tyhey wud prob be the set id gof ro, I didn really get on with the thumps ...... old model tho, I think they redid them recently.....  the quadras are VERY tight.. I rem that  and the MCIs I wasn't a fan of  either, thye tended to kill feel

.http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/40035-diamana-fubuki-iron-shafts/#comment-252071

here u go

Edited by supo

Supo - thanks for the link and explanation. Doesn't look like it's an option for me though. Ones I'm seeing are OTi, MCI (standard and black models), Attas and Tour AD that are in my weight range that I see. 

With no experience with either of them, I don't know how they play to flex, launch, feel, etc as info is minimal on these for the most part. 

Edited by timastyle

• 4 weeks later...