Best "one flex only" shaft out there.

Calvin

I know there are Beyond power, Roddio Amorphous, Design tuning Moblus and so on. Anyone wanna talk about this kind of shaft? The hard part for buying JDM club is club fitting. You just hardly can do the fitting and adjusting physically. Does this type of shaft really help with the issue? How could we benefit from it?

talk about you sir.

swing speed

tempo & transition speed

current shaft / model / flex?  

what you looking for in new shaft performance wise?

say that and I can tell you if you should even play one of these and if so which one.

"One shaft fits all"   concept  probably depends on what you define as "fit"  for your swing.   

I mean.. I can hit my daughter's Cobra driver with L-flex pretty straight and 220 yards ...   but I can hit the ball further and straighter with my Modart + Seven Dreamers combo.     Maybe that is an extreme example but if you want optimized trajectory, launch, spin, dispersion  etc...  there is no way that a single flex profile can deliver all these at an optimized level for everyone.      

Having said that,  I believe these shafts are designed for work "pretty well"  with swings that are considered  "moderate."  

moderate tempo, moderate transition, moderate speed ...  but what the heck is "moderate"  in the first place?   

Perhaps the company who produces these shafts have loads and loads of swing analysis data and they designed the shaft to cover .. say 70%  of the swings with one shaft.     That in itself is an technological accomplishment,  but where they typically fail is to disclose and describe their criteria for what they consider to be "fit" ..                

I personally have wanted to try the Roddio Amorphous Slim mostly because of my interest in Amorphous metal technology and the appearance of the shaft with the carbon weaving and Amorphous wires visible!!!    Such a cool looking shaft!!     

However, with all the fitting I have done in the past including Seven Dreamers fitting,  I now know that my swing requires a tip stiff profile with low torque.      Most single flex shaft specs that I have seen are not tip stiff and are not low torque .....  

Perfect description of the issues that come into play with these shafts vs fitted shafts, including the reality that they're going to be fine for 70% of swings. 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:22 PM, nobmontana said:

"One shaft fits all"   concept  probably depends on what you define as "fit"  for your swing.   

I mean.. I can hit my daughter's Cobra driver with L-flex pretty straight and 220 yards ...   but I can hit the ball further and straighter with my Modart + Seven Dreamers combo.     Maybe that is an extreme example but if you want optimized trajectory, launch, spin, dispersion  etc...  there is no way that a single flex profile can deliver all these at an optimized level for everyone.      

Having said that,  I believe these shafts are designed for work "pretty well"  with swings that are considered  "moderate."  

moderate tempo, moderate transition, moderate speed ...  but what the heck is "moderate"  in the first place?   

Perhaps the company who produces these shafts have loads and loads of swing analysis data and they designed the shaft to cover .. say 70%  of the swings with one shaft.     That in itself is an technological accomplishment,  but where they typically fail is to disclose and describe their criteria for what they consider to be "fit" ..                

I personally have wanted to try the Roddio Amorphous Slim mostly because of my interest in Amorphous metal technology and the appearance of the shaft with the carbon weaving and Amorphous wires visible!!!    Such a cool looking shaft!!     

However, with all the fitting I have done in the past including Seven Dreamers fitting,  I now know that my swing requires a tip stiff profile with low torque.      Most single flex shaft specs that I have seen are not tip stiff and are not low torque .....  

I had a Roddio Amorphous Slim smooth 57, and I played beyond power on a ryoma current model, the BP shaft is softer but great combo with the ryoma, I once had a Roddio Amorphous Slim smooth on my GTD, great shaft, great looking shaft. super quality. It’s slightly heavier than the BP shaft, I find the roddio is on the soft side but not as soft as BP and not as whippy too, lower launch and tighter. But if u don’t like the whippy feel stay away from it. I personally quite like it. 

I use design tune single flex irons shafts on my MCBs.   It took a little time to get used to but now they are dialed in.  

The Nunchuk driver and iron graphite shafts are a one flex, that I like and use.

I previously always liked the Diamana Blueboard, and ye olde Brunswick Rifle 6.5 steel shafts.

Did not like the whiteboard or AD- dj shafts because the feeling of either shaft flex/loading near the grip ( whiteboard) or at t'other end near the tip just felt weird and freaky... whereas a blueboard is just a 'neutral' feel - so if you try the nunchuks that might help, as their feel is not for everyone.

Bonus is now my iron nunchuk shafts all the way to the driver are all +/- 100gms, so normal swingweighting does a good enough job in matching swing feel for me.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:25 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

talk about you sir.

swing speed

tempo & transition speed

current shaft / model / flex?  

what you looking for in new shaft performance wise?

say that and I can tell you if you should even play one of these and if so which one.

SP 93-96 mph

Smooth temple but will try to hit hard from time to time

I can't generate the highest swing speed all the time so hope this type of shaft could make up my shortage. I hope a shaft can get me the consistent result with my not so consistent body.

Roddio Amorphous speed is what I have in mind. Too bad Beyond power is exclusive for Ryoma.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:55 AM, Steven Lam said:

I had a Roddio Amorphous Slim smooth 57, and I played beyond power on a ryoma current model, the BP shaft is softer but great combo with the ryoma, I once had a Roddio Amorphous Slim smooth on my GTD, great shaft, great looking shaft. super quality. It’s slightly heavier than the BP shaft, I find the roddio is on the soft side but not as soft as BP and not as whippy too, lower launch and tighter. But if u don’t like the whippy feel stay away from it. I personally quite like it. 

Yap,“ Whippy" is what I'm worry. Hope the Speed version could help with the issue.

Never tried the speed version but I believe it’s still in a soft side, the smooth version feel whippy but not as whippy as the BP. 

12 hours ago, Steven Lam said:

Never tried the speed version but I believe it’s still in a soft side, the smooth version feel whippy but not as whippy as the BP. 

Good to know. Thanks for the info!